Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevhur's Items on eBay

threads like this...........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GrayCalx's Items on eBay

I don't mind the complaining so much... I, in general, try to avoid those types of threads. I would think a lot of it is to blame on the internet, but I don't know. I live outside DC, not a lot of hockey card collectors... when we do encounter each other in real life we're usually too excited to complain. :)

I've gotten into one "fight" on this board when I felt a trader attacked me after his card was damaged in the mail. I tried reacting calmly at first but I'm only going to take so many insults before I feel the need to defend myself. Eh, again I blame the internet, if we'd met in person he'd have known i wasn't trying to rip him off and we could've settled it properly.

I guess my worst experiences are really the value of the cards compared to the price of boxes. But that's just the market right? It just seems like sometimes I'll get the case hit, but it'll be of a less than stellar player and I still won't be able to sell it for the price of the box. It feels like, if you get the case hit, you should at least be able to make your money back with that card.

Ehh but then again you pay for the experience of opening wax and the excitement... hmm, I feel like I'm rambling now. Anyone have bad experiences with people who ramble?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bigboyman0's Items on eBay

Me: "Hi there, I'm interested in your 00-01 Pacific Alexei Yashin parallel /99"

Other trader: "Hi, do you have any high-end of Crosby, Ovechkin, Toews, Kane, Stamkos, or whoever else happens to be flavour of the month that I can re-sell for a huge profit?"

This is the one thing ive disliked when trading. itd be alright if it was pc wise. like crosby was who they collected. but when they list all the young amazing stars, your pretty much know right then and there they want to resell.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wildwestgal63's Items on eBay

I think that these threads aren't bad. It isn't really whining, it is just showing a different side of the hobby. I don't like when people try to win trades.

Trader: $30 shipped for X card.
    Me: Can we go down to $25? That is what it sells for on eBay.
    Trader: Go to eBay than.

I mean you are trying to squeak out $5, on top of the fact you are saving 10% of eBay fees.

Also people who strictly trade for PC, no matter what card they trade.

Me: Interested in your Ritola MVP RC
    Trader: Have any Crosby or Malkin
    Me: Yea, a base card.
    Trader: Looking for GU/Autos

That makes no sense to me. I want a 4 BV card. The only 4 BVcard Malkin/Crosby has are base/low-end inserts. They don't want to trade for s GU that BV 8 (double their favor). They just want those two guys. It makes it very difficult to deal with.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 05-20-2010 at 01:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

I hate Paypal. Money Order is the best thing ever. I think a lot of people like Paypal because they don't have cash on hand.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (32) HI
    Country

I hate Paypal. Money Order is the best thing ever. I think a lot of people like Paypal because they don't have cash on hand.

for sellers yes.

for buyers, i'd rather you eat the paypal fee as a seller than wait half an hour in line at the post office.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BeezerBarkhouse's Items on eBay

Why are so many people getting mad about these types of threads? If you don't like em, don't click on em. I personally enjoy hearing about peoples personal experiences and opinions whether they be good or bad. I find it interesting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Orfew's Items on eBay

This one is easy...people who are slaves to BV. My view is this, a trade is fair when both sides are satisfied. Now when selling I will put whatever price on a card that I want, if it does not sell...well that is my fault. I greatly dislike being contacted by those who say "you want 40.00 for that card???? I will give you 25.00 since that is the Ebay average". My response is "No thanks. Please go buy it on ebay". However, much more annoying is when I get follow up messages preaching to me about how I am not a good member of the hobby since I will not sell my cards for ebay prices. These messages deserve no response and that is what they receive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

holy cow you guys need to calm down. Jordan had a thread about what people liked about this hobby. I just wanted to see what people didn't like. No reason for you all to make a big deal about it. If you don't have something to answer my question asked, don't post on this thread. simple as that

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Why are so many people getting mad about these types of threads? If you don't like em, don't click on em. I personally enjoy hearing about peoples personal experiences and opinions whether they be good or bad. I find it interesting.

I think that these threads aren't bad. It isn't really whining, it is just showing a different side of the hobby.

This. Seriously if you can't handle me asking a simple question, you shouldn't be on the internet.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast