Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Which are you're favorite signed baseballs?

Like many of you true collectors, I own over 180 signed baseballs. I have HOF'ers, future HOF'ers, my 1960 Pirates Players, great players, most of all Marlins, famous people and personal favorites. Many of these were obtained IP, TTM and a small number I purchased. My 1960 Pirates are my favorite collection but most of my friends always ask about 3 specific balls that I own.

The first picture shows the top shelf with the 1960 Pirates (middle) & 12 of my favorite HOF'ers on each side. The 2nd shelf has balls 3 high & 3 deep of HOF'ers, future HOF, famous people & personal favorites. The second picture shows two shelves of just about every Marlins that was at ST the last couple of years & mini helmets that I had key players sign. The wife has asked me to stop with the balls & just get pictures signed to put in my books...

The third picture shows the 3 balls that my buddies like and are signed by team owners: George Steinbrenner, John Henry and Jeff Loria. All 3 signed on a nice cheap leather cover CROLB with a cheap blue BIC. The one George signed is over 3 years old & still looks brand new...
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 10-03-2010 at 11:34 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow.

I need 179 balls signed to catch up to you. The only one I have is a ROMLB signed by Frank Thomas. My dad used to collect cards and when Ebay first took off he had hooked up with a nice dealer on the west coast. Just before Christmas one year, the dealer sent my dad a goodie box of cards and the signed ball with a note saying that Santa had him sign it for me. Great guy!

I do have an official romlb from Cal Ripken's record breaking consecutive game. I mean, it is one of the official game balls as used during that one and only game. It has orange stitching and a logo w/ #8 representing the broken record. My 'dream autograph' would to have Cal Ripken sign it. He was my favorite player as a kid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Wow.

I need 179 balls signed to catch up to you. The only one I have is a ROMLB signed by Frank Thomas. My dad used to collect cards and when Ebay first took off he had hooked up with a nice dealer on the west coast. Just before Christmas one year, the dealer sent my dad a goodie box of cards and the signed ball with a note saying that Santa had him sign it for me. Great guy!

I do have an official romlb from Cal Ripken's record breaking consecutive game. I mean, it is one of the official game balls as used during that one and only game. It has orange stitching and a logo w/ #8 representing the broken record. My 'dream autograph' would to have Cal Ripken sign it. He was my favorite player as a kid.

Congratulations, Frank Thomas & Cal Ripken are two sweet graphs to have. I didn't take pictures of all the shelves either. My 180 ball estimate was from my last count before ST this year. I have added a number of new ones this year that are still in boxes waiting to be displayed - they have to earn it, LOL! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See biggums7's Items on eBay

My favorite signed baseball would be my Nolan Ryan signed baseball he also inscribed 5,714 K's on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Reggie Jackson

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Nolan Ryan, Ken Griffey, Jr., Whitey Ford, Phil Rizzuto, Yogi Berra, Bob Gibson, Jesus Montero, Phil Hughes, C.C. Sabathia/Jake Peavy Cy Young ball, the list goes on and on...I can't pick a favorite.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I like getting baseballs signed by family members. I was able to get BJ and Justin Upton MLB brothers on one baseball. Bob and Aaron Boone father and son is a nice one, but I was never able to complete with Brett Boone the other brother. I have Pete Rose, Jr on a baseball and hopefully will get his father on it someday. You all have some great baseballs listed and congrats on your collections. My best IP baseball for HOF players would be Ryne Sandberg.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See randomhereoh's Items on eBay

I have a few hand me downs from my grandpa. The highlights being Sandy Koulfax, Don Mattingly and a dated Don Larsen from his perfect World Series game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me it would be a three way tie between Ernie Banks,Stan Musial and Todd Helton as my favorites in my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me, I have a few IPs of Blyleven, and my first one at an MLB game was Lerew... but it has to be one of these three (I don't go by value)

John Gordon Inscribed "Touch Em All" (Radio Announcer)
    Terry Ryan (Nice guy, former GM of Twins)
    Gophers ball signed by John Anderson* AJ Pettersen* Kyle Knudson* Mike Kvasnicka* Justin Gominsky

*= something special happened in 2010

Justin was injured but otherwise he is the starting CF, and I had him sign it for kicks and giggles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast