Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I sell it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got Mike Stanton's auto on the SS of A ROMLB this past weekend, had seats in Batter's box section at the Marlins game... Got him IP as he was going between the dugout and the locker room,

sure he hasn't made a Huge splash like Strassburg but that doesn't matter... I'm keeping this one...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See indian1797's Items on eBay

Got Mike Stanton's auto on the SS of A ROMLB this past weekend, had seats in Batter's box section at the Marlins game... Got him IP as he was going between the dugout and the locker room,

sure he hasn't made a Huge splash like Strassburg but that doesn't matter... I'm keeping this one...

has anyone gotten stanton ttm?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

I am so happy you decided to sell that ball. If you held onto it for a year I am positive it wouldn't be worth half of what it is worth now. This happens with all phenoms. I remember Papelbon stuff going to stupid prices when he was a rookie. He was an all-star after that, but his stuff still dropped way down in price. Take a look at what you can get Nolan Ryan signatures for. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay less than Strasburg. Strasburg's signature will go down in value. Excellent decision. It is your ball to do what you want with.

And to the guy with the Stanton ball, I wouldn't sell it either. Not because of whatever morals you think there are in collecting, but because he hasn't done a damn thing yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Earlier during the AFL i got a strasburg auto on a baseball. I am wondering if I should sell it now because I can probably get about 100-180 for it. My options are Sell It, Authenticate it, or Keep It. LMK what you guys think.

I say keep or authenticate and then sell. You get more money that way. I am a TOTAL PC guy when it comes to autos so I would personally keep it

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope you realize that he took the time to sign " just for you " and you should cherish every autograph ! and I hope you change your mind and keep it !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kellton29's Items on eBay

SOLD 150 dollars BOUGHT Todd Helton GU autographed bat for 60 bucks shipped now i got some money to spend sorry to you who said i shouldnt have sold it but I am so happy with this helton bat i will keep that forever i guarantee.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

Good decision. The fact that you can get a Helton bat for $60 is exactly why you should sell anything Strasburg you own right now. Strasburg stuff has nowhere to go but down. Look at what Nolan Ryan signatures are worth/sell for. That will be Strasburg's value if he has a HOF career as Ryan did. Hell you can get an authentic Griffey UDA jersey for the price you sold that ball for. Tell me Griffey isn't better than Strasburg.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd be interested......I'll give you $20 for it plus those Kerry Wood IP cards I've got coming to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SOLD 150 dollars BOUGHT Todd Helton GU autographed bat for 60 bucks

I was against selling it, but I am glad to see that you got yourself a very nice piece for your Helton collection. The other person is probably very happy also. That's what we call a WIN WIN.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deeakay's Items on eBay

SOLD 150 dollars BOUGHT Todd Helton GU autographed bat for 60 bucks shipped now i got some money to spend sorry to you who said i shouldnt have sold it but I am so happy with this helton bat i will keep that forever i guarantee.

Good for you man! Congrats!
    I sold my Strasburg TTM c/o AZL baseball for $180 + S/H on eBay & my co-worker's for $227.50 + S/H. His was a ROMLB and he decided to sell his after I got my money (my ball was a RLLB1 that will hold the sig for life).
    I only sent the ball TTM for the chance at the guy. I'm a small time Brewers collector if anything and I wanted to get an Xbox 360 for me and my boys while his stuff was in demand. After some buying & selling of a couple 360's I ended up with a large Xbox 360 system for under $50, and then I donated the remaining $122 to our church parking lot project.
    My co-worker is using his money toward a vacation with his children.
    A PSA/DNA cert ball would have went for more - I saw one sell for $300+ the week before I sold mine.
    I have a collector buddy that got his Strasburg ball TTM c/o AZL aswell and can't bring himself to do it, even to cover the signing fee for Hank Aaron!
    He knows he's a fool - He's admitted it on SC.net. Ha.
    Last edited by deeakay; 06-29-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234