Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 91 of 181 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I just wish they had bought back Mayo this year. I love those retro designed "art" cards like Mayo.

Yeah, I'm glad the prodigal son seems to have returned too. It was difficult for me when Favre was traded away from the Pakcers because I was a huge Favre and Packers fan - as such I had divided loyalties. Now that he seems to be retired I can just follow the Packers.

Yeah, those TTT pigksin cards are cool. I love taking it out of the case and feeling the pigskin bumps. Topps need to do that more. And yes, the curade card design still looks great today.

Thanks mate.

See my Bledsoe comments in the post above.

As for my collection - yeah I can still remember pulling some of those cards (and buying some) 17 years ago. For a long time I actually knew off the top of my head if I had a specific card or not, even when it got over the 1,000 different card mark. Now it's a little too difficult.

I generally do prefer auto and game used cards, but I do like to get some of the plain old base cards and inserts, particularly if they are die-cut, "art" cards, or just well designed, like the 2009 Topps Mayo.

In terms of book value, I gave up on counting a while back because:
    a) Book value didn't seem to be an accurate guide to what the cards were worth; and
    b) Many of the cards weren't listed

Don't even think of asking how much I have spent on them - I don't even want to think of that!

Again, thanks for the compliment.

I liked them for the same reason.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Finally had some time to catch up. Really dig the pigskin TTT. I laughed when you said you take it out of the case to feel it.....

Well, now that you say that, it does sound funny, or dirty even....

SCF Rewards
    Country

A couple of Favre subsets from base card sets.

The first is from 1994 Ted Williams/Roger Staubach Football. I loved this set. This was a set that contained retired football greats, with 2 exceptions. There was a Dawning of a Legacy that subset that contained 2 modern day players who they believed would go on to be great players. The first was Favre, and it was obviously a great choice. The second was Neil O'Donnell. Well 1 out of 2 ain't bad....

Here is card 1 from the Favre subset:

Card 2:

Card 3:

and card 4:

The second Favre subset is the MVP subset from 1996 Skybox impact. In 1994 Fleer/Skybox signed 6 players to contracts for promotional use on their products. One was Favre, which was a good choice.

Here is the first card in the subset:

Card 2:

Card 3:

Card 4:

Card 5:

And the 5 together:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now a 1/1 Favre auto and patch card that deserves it's own post:

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why that warrants its own post.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why that warrants its own post.

Because it is so terrible that it would ruin any other cards I posted it with of course....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See HToutlaws's Items on eBay

Nice card man.

SCF Rewards
    Country

O'Donnell was a stretch even at the time. He was always a solid QB but never a francise QB.

I love the MVP set, such a great idea. It still burns me that Favre won the award over Smith in 1995.
    The Triple Threads is superb, great design and amazing patches!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Mate

O'Donnell was a stretch even at the time. He was always a solid QB but never a francise QB.

I love the MVP set, such a great idea. It still burns me that Favre won the award over Smith in 1995.
    The Triple Threads is superb, great design and amazing patches!

Favre over Smith in 1995? The truth can soemtimes be hard to handle.

Yeah, the patches are great. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A 2010 Favre National Trsures auto 2/2:

A 2010 National Treasures patch out of 5:

Page 91 of 181 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141 ... LastLast