Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Chat Thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

NBA Draft Chat Thread

Nba Draft starts at 7pm est time Thursday night with the preview and the Draft starts at 7:30.. Washington has the 1st pick this year.. should be and interesting draft...
    Last edited by #50 Tyler Hansbrough; 06-21-2010 at 04:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First rumor of the day - well not first - but the first that will be posted.

Heard from multiple sources that this trade is being discussed.

Sacramento receives - Mo Williams
    Cleveland receives - Beno Udrih and the #5 pick

Now before people start freaking out that the #5 pick is worth more then that - you have to look at it logically and have some idea of how the salary cap works. Obviously the #5 pick is worth more then Mo Williams straight up in a vaccum.

#1 - Mo Williams is MUCH better then Beno Udrih. Mo Williams has choked in the playoffs for 2 straight years - doesn't change the fact that he is only 28 and a huge upgrade offensively over Udrih. People forget how good he can be because he hasn't been good in the playoffs.

#2 - Allows Tyreke Evans to move to his natural SG position

#3 - Udrih makes a ridiculous amount of money to be a bench player - basically the same amount of coin as Williams - so to unload his salary to anyone you're going to have to give up something really good (such as the #5 pick)

#4 - LeBron handles the ball when he wants it. Cleveland can afford to overpay for Udrih to sit on the bench

#5 - The Cavs need to get much younger - drafting Favors/Cousins/Johnson/Monroe (at least 2 of those guys will be there at 5) would be a nice upgrade to an aging roster

Will it happen? I'm sure it won't - it's just a rumor - but it does seem to have some legs to it that it at least being discussed. Cleveland news has confirmed that Mo Williams put his house on the market - maybe he hates his house - or maybe he knows he is getting traded either soon or at least in the next few weeks...

Interesting rumor though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Yea, seems like Mo is on his way out....but if we can get that for him, that's a hell of a deal from the Cavs point of view.

BTW, when is the draft? Thursday?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Another rumor i've heard which i think are unrealistic is Stuckey and Detroits #7 for the #1 (i'm sure a bad contract or two as well) and the same scenario except Tayshaun for the #5
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea, seems like Mo is on his way out....but if we can get that for him, that's a hell of a deal from the Cavs point of view.

It seems unrealistic when you just read the names - but with the way NBA teams work with the salary cap - and the fact that Udrih is due almost 23 million over the next 3 seasons - makes it interesting.

Again - I'm not buying it - just passing it along as it has been referenced by multiple people on various sites.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

It seems unrealistic when you just read the names - but with the way NBA teams work with the salary cap - and the fact that Udrih is due almost 23 million over the next 3 seasons - makes it interesting.

Again - I'm not buying it - just passing it along as it has been referenced by multiple people on various sites.

I agree...and we all know Gilbert is willing to spend whatever it takes, which is good these days in the NBA. Solely off of that, I wouldn't discount any trades mentioned--as long as it involves a big salary.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Wooo Lakers have 2 2nd round picks!

Country
    See ski_4's Items on eBay

What I hope happens is: Wolves trade rights to Ricky Rubio and the 23rd pick to the Nets for the 3rd pick and 27th pick, then: Wolves trade 3rd pick and 27th pick to Philly for 2nd pick, Wolves take Turner at #2 and Cousins at #4

SCF Rewards
    Country

What I hope happens is: Wolves trade rights to Ricky Rubio and the 23rd pick to the Nets for the 3rd pick and 27th pick, then: Wolves trade 3rd pick and 27th pick to Philly for 2nd pick, Wolves take Turner at #2 and Cousins at #4

I don't think that would ever happen, that would require both the Nets and Sixers to make pretty bad trades for their teams.

And about that Kings/Cavs trade: I'm not feeling it for the kings. but the fact that they picked up dalembert makes sense if they had this trade in mind as well: picking up a defensive big and an improved point.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gamboooler's Items on eBay

Mo Williams makes more than Udrih. That rumor makes literally zero sense for the Kings. Mo Williams + $1-2mm more in salary isn't worth #5 and Udrih. There are a number of teams that would offer substantially more for the #5 pick if Cousins is available than that.

Just for example, I'm pretty sure the T'Wolves would give up Love+ for #5 and the Thunder would give up some combo of player/s (Green, Collison-expiring, Krstic-expiring) and draft picks (#21, #26, #32) for the #5 and they might be willing to take salary back in addition.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast