Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Who was your 1st TTM autograph Success?

I first dipped into TTM when I was a 7th grader. I actually used up one sheet of stamps. I was a Reds and Mets fan back then as well. I could not decide who to try and bought a baseball pack and selected from the players in the pack. My first success was a failure and a success. My card was returned back to me unsigned along with a letter saying that the player wanted $25 per autograph to go to cancer research. The cool part was that the player included a 5x7 personalized autographed photo of him in his Mets uniform. I was thrilled with the autograph that Mr. Gary Carter had sent to me. I had also gotten some other guys back on cards that to be honest have been long lost. That Gary Carter is still in my collection. It was 11 years later before I started to get into TTM/IP autographs again, but that photo was never misplaced! Thanks again Mr Carter! Who was your first TTM autograph success?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Believe it or not, it was Mr. Mint. I had just heard about TTMing (this was when I was in 7th grade too, 2007-2008 I would say) and I had a failure with Andy Benes and Chone Figgins (didn't send SASE, and I sent to Chone in offseason, to the stadium).

I was bummed a bit but I found Mr. Mints addy on his site. He sent me my filler back and his own card, both signed, took about 5-6 days.

My next couple were:
    Dante Lavelli - sent a signed postcard.
    John Miles

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Wow, I don't remember since its well over 20 years ago. I know it would be a Dallas Cowboy but I'm not sure who. I'm going to have to look into this one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mickey Morandini and Sandy Alomar Jr. back in 1992.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My first was Mike Tomczak on a 1992 Fleer Ultra; an Ohio State alumni, and the card I sent showed him in a Packers uniform. Still one of my favorites!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (34)
    Country

Garrett Anderson in 2008

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

my first return was a Nolan Ryan autopen, although I thought it was real at the time. My first actual signed TTM return was Craig Ehlo, who played on the Cavs teams that challenged Jordans bulls in the early 90s

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sent two last July... But really started getting into it in January. I sent to Felix Pie, and I'm still waiting, and I also sent to Mark Grace, got it back right before Christmas. Pretty cool.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

My first return, I believe was Shawon Dunston, back in the mid 1990's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See biggums7's Items on eBay

My 1st return was Ben Roethlisberger back in 07

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast