Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 autos?

Country

8x10 autos?

Got some questions about 8x10s.

Some players i'm looking to get autos of don't have any official cards, so i'm looking to make custom 8x10 to get their autos .

1. What's the better way to get 8x10s? Order them online, get them made at Wal-Mart/Walgreens/etc., or print them out myself? Which option is cheaper?

2. When printing them out yourself or at a store, how do you know that the pictures you are choosing to print are good quality enough and not too small? What's the ideal dimensions for a photo to print and not look fuzzy?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See indian1797's Items on eBay

Print them at a store, its a lot less than ink.
    Secondly, if you want an image that is 8inches by 10inches, you ned a pic that is 800 pixels by 1000 pixels. You can normally think that one hundred pixels is equivalent to an inch

SCF Rewards
    Country

Indian71 is right about the size. though the bigger, the better. Make sure you resize the photo yourself so the dimensions are "8x10" but the pixels can be higher so you have better resolution. Also, I'm gonna tell you, good luck printing them at a store. Walgreens/Walmart/CVS' photo clerks are Nazis about copyrights, and if they don't cancel your order, they'll grill you at the store and make you pay for you cancelled order. Order them online and have them shipped to you, it's best to get a lot of them at one time, more bang for you buck when the shipping cost is considered.

Country

Thanks for the info, sucks about the Walmart/Walgreens/etc.

REDANDGOLDPRIDE- Any site you recommend for 8x10s?

SCF Rewards
    Country

adoramapix has great prices and low shipping, so Id recommend you ge tthem printed there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info, sucks about the Walmart/Walgreens/etc.

REDANDGOLDPRIDE- Any site you recommend for 8x10s?

Some people get away with it all the time at their stores, but I've had trouble with all four Walgreen's in my area, and both Walmarts and our one CVS.

AdoramaPix is great. Professional quality, great customer service, and good prices.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

I use Wal-Mart on-line and only had problems with them once.

Country

Thanks.

Also, where do you guys find nice big pictures? Google and Bing aren't bringing much good pictures, i'm about to look on team websites as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sometimes you can search on Photobucket.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

The photo clerks vary from store to store. The ones at the Walgreens here in my city are cool about it, they don't care. Can't tell you how many custom cards and 8x10's I've printed here with no problems.

Just in case, I faked up a letter from a "photographer" giving me permission to use the photos and keep it with me.
    Last edited by *censored*; 08-18-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast