Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

These events are not for guys like us. This is for the casual fan who has no idea about obtaining autographs. It's in Philly where the fans live. They don't care about the cost because it's their favorite player and they have no clue how to try and meet him anywhere but at an event like this.

I must say I am very thankful for sites like this so people can get 'in the know'. I couldn't believe the people in line for Whitey Ford in Cooperstown handing over $75 for an auto(just 1 of many examples).

Thank God for ttm.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly I started this thread as a way of sharing for discussion an idea that I had. I wasn't sure if I really intended to do it, but for purposes of the discussion I said that I did. I am very sincere in my statements in this thread about the practice of paid signings- I think they are a crock of you know what. However I can see the disrespect angle that the previous poster put forth in his "devil's advocate" post. I doubt at this point that I am actually going to try it, but it was an interesting discussion.

I thank the people that stood up for me regarding the personal attacks.

Happy New Year!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

There was a time when you could get Michael Vick TTM. I got these when I sent them in late July 2009. My wife will never forgive Vick for what he did but I will always say that he was/is one of the best players in the NFL. I don't recall ever posting these customs...
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 01-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Country

cyberer, i am totally with you on this! i have the same exact views on all of this as you do, must be the philly fan way lol but yeah man totally go for it! whats the worst thats gonna happen, your gonna be in the same spot as you are now lol it is most def not a crime or theft, if you think so, please go back to high school and get a real education!
    I do this stuff all the time and it has worked for me a lot! so go for it man! let me know how you do with the vick signing!

Blog Entries
    Country

There was a time when you could get Michael Vick TTM. I got these when I sent them in late July 2009. My wife will never forgive Vick for what he did but I will always say that he was/is one of the best players in the NFL. I don't recall ever posting these customs...

Tell your wife that Vick went to jail for killing dogs. Bad. Also tell her that numerous pro football players beat up woman but don't get in trouble. Or what about that drunk driving football player who killed someone? In reality, hurting or killing a human is a lot worse than hurting or killing a dog.

Country

Tell your wife that Vick went to jail for killing dogs. Bad. Also tell her that numerous pro football players beat up woman but don't get in trouble. Or what about that drunk driving football player who killed someone? In reality, hurting or killing a human is a lot worse than hurting or killing a dog.

EXACTLY!!! Now only if the rest of the world would understand that

SCF Rewards
    Country

cyberer, i am totally with you on this! i have the same exact views on all of this as you do, must be the philly fan way lol but yeah man totally go for it! whats the worst thats gonna happen, your gonna be in the same spot as you are now lol it is most def not a crime or theft, if you think so, please go back to high school and get a real education!
    I do this stuff all the time and it has worked for me a lot! so go for it man! let me know how you do with the vick signing!

You've gotten free autos at a pay signing? How oftn has it worked, any tips?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (16)
    Country
    See jobes2313's Items on eBay

Some people said it before and all but yes the promoter/store is making a profit but one he is running the business and two if it wasnt for him than you wouldn't have the chance to get his autograph if he wasn't there to sign

Country

You've gotten free autos at a pay signing? How oftn has it worked, any tips?

yeah i have gotten eldra buckley, lesean mccoy, ray rice, derrick mason, anquan boldin and a couple others, but then again i have been denied, but my ratio is too good to not try. and to who ever said that all the players never come alone, you are wrong, actually a bunch of the players drive by themselves and its not that hard to pick their car out of a parking lot. prolly most expensive, and in one of the first parking spaces near the back door....just go about it as if they were leaving the stadium and you should have some luck

SCF Rewards
    Country

You think the store owner is getting free autographs at a signing? Who do you think pays to bring the players to the store for the public to get? It's the store owners. The store owner is paying the player to show up. I just did a private signing with a local store, and the first thing the players agent did was ask the store owner how many pieces they had.

And it is NOT cheap for store owners to have these players.

BTW, with the pub that Vick brings, you won't get close to him in or out of the store on the day of the signing.

Not to mention, as some others mention, some store owners right in the contract that the players can't sign before or after the paid signing they are having. Your only chance is in the parking lot, you won't get it in the mall or right outside the store, most places send somebody to meet the player in the parking lot.
    Last edited by smejus57; 01-02-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast