Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See n/a's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

So apparently Beckett can't even tell when a patch is fake...

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-Absoulte-PEYT...item563cec2f7b

Really?? Beckett is becoming more of a joke everyday....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why is this a fake? Have you received a confirmation from Playoff that it is indeed not authentic?

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was posted on another site before it was slabbed, they had before and after shots. Topps still had the exclusive to Pro Bowl jerseys back then I believe too. Plus the patch is from after 2005 I was told (I have not verified that statement though). The card disappeared for awhile and then got slabbed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ah, okay didn't know the backstory - now I understand :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ah, okay didn't know the backstory - now I understand :)

Yeah and now I can't find the post anywhere that had the before and after shots. UGH!! Maybe I should delete this or have it closed until I can find that so I don't get flamed, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You wont get flamed you explained it now...when you find it you find it is all. You have 250+ feedback here its not like you are a noob...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, but if I can't find the proof it is fake then I look like an idiot, haha. A lot of the fake patch sites disappeared though b/c there were so many fakes and Donruss, Upper Deck, Topps, etc didn't seem to care so people gave up trying to prove the fakes. Maybe someone else will post w/ more knowledge on the patch itself being from either 2005 or 2006 and that card was in a 2005 set. Oh well, if not I will eat crow, haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im not a grader guy, never used it and don't care for it. However, I thought beckett didn't authenticate the patches in the cards only the card itself??? I remember hearing this a number of times in the past. Just a thought.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im not a grader guy, never used it and don't care for it. However, I thought beckett didn't authenticate the patches in the cards only the card itself??? I remember hearing this a number of times in the past. Just a thought.

AHHH, that might explain it a lot better. I did not know that. I thought they were saying the patch was authentic which I did not think they could do. No wonder they got it slabbed, it will trick more people.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't take it as fact, its only what I have seen people say online. It is a tricky way to trick unsuspecting bidders.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast