Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    See mjbuchanan80's Items on eBay

I miss the good ole days also. I remember in '87 when I was 7 years old, buying a pack of topps for 50 cents. 17 cards per pack and a stick of gum. I would get real excited when I pulled a Brett or a Bo Jackson. Today, those players would probably be short printed.

Game used and autos are the reason good cards cost more than 3 bucks a pack. And don't even get me started on the packs that cost $30 a piece. That is ridiculous!

Beckett used to be a reference, now it's a collectors financial statement.

SCF Rewards

A few things....

1. SP cards. Why? It seems like if you veer off from the main sets (main Tops, main UD, main Donruss) and try to collect a set, you're going to be hitting the SP plague. I just got back into collecting, and just need one more card to complete my 2003 Baseball Bowman set. What was nice about this set was that it took two boxes to complete it, minus that one card. I'm looking for the next set to collect, and have no idea what I want. I want to go after a nice looking set, Diamond Kings being the main one. But, it has SPs and I'm not ready to jump into those. It just kind of kills the joy of it all.

2. Like someone said, it's all for the money now. People pull these really nice cards, and it's up on eBay the second after. Why sell it? If I pulled a really nice card, that thing's going in my collection and never coming out unless I'm getting something that I really want at the time. The only thing I use Beckett for is to judge what my collection is according to Beckett. I know that Beckett doesn't list the most accurate prices, but when people ask what it's worth, that's what you tell them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

eBay

- "It's a PSA 1 but it should have rated at least a 9"
    - "guaranteed to be graded" (what's that supposed to mean?)
    - keyword abuse
    - 1/1s that are not 1/1s

Forums

- people who state "selling all, need emergency money fast for car, vacation, college, operation!!!" and then you see them a few days later as a buyer.... Where did they get the money so fast? And what happened to the emergency?
    - traders who are looking to pay 10% BV on something hot that the owner could easily get at least 60% bv from someone else

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mangonz312's Items on eBay

someone already said it, but when you tell someone youre interested in couple of low-end gu cards and they pick out the highest end items on your list, i removed most of my high-end cards from my tradelist for this reason, i understand if thats the only thing they like but why not look at whats in the range as the ones that were requested and if you dont see anything, just say you dont see anything

also people who when they sell cards, try to sell them really high but when you see them wanting to buy, their offer is usually way way less then the percentage they sell at

this is a hobby, not a business and the whole business like persona these days is gonna ruin it in the long run if you ask me

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

Quote Originally Posted by -mando-
    someone already said it, but when you tell someone youre interested in couple of low-end gu cards and they pick out the highest end items on your list, i removed most of my high-end cards from my tradelist for this reason, i understand if thats the only thing they like but why not look at whats in the range as the ones that were requested and if you dont see anything, just say you dont see anything

also people who when they sell cards, try to sell them really high but when you see them wanting to buy, their offer is usually way way less then the percentage they sell at

this is a hobby, not a business and the whole business like persona these days is gonna ruin it in the long run if you ask me

I have to agree with you. A few times you see someone proclaiming they have mucho dinero to spend and requests you list your high-end items. They fool you into thinking they would pay top-dollar (at least low BV). Then they cherry-pick the best ones (which is fine), but then offers to pay only a fraction of it's low book value. When you ask fair value for it - and it is definitely an item that would sell at low BV - they then say they don't have that kind of money to spend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See badls1ws6's Items on eBay

im with you all on most things posted. But about the whole sellin a nice card on ebay the next day thing doesnt bother me that much, about a month ago i pulled a mike williams lucky 13 rc card, yea it was sweet, the value was high and i could have kept it, but instead i put it up on ebay a few weeks later and it sold for 80$... with that money i bought a nice ken Griffey Jr Auto Jsy card, it may not be all about the money but by sellin the mike williams i was able to get another card i would enjoy more. I really dont see anything wrong with that.

SCF Rewards

I am the type of guy where if I have a card of a player you collect, I am willing to trade bv for bv to help you get the card, even if I am not getting something I need in return. I figure I will end up trading the card I get to someone who needs it and maybe somewhere along the line, I will get something I want.

I also throw in cards of your favorite player or team, unannounced, just because I know you will enjoy them more than I do.

But despite all that, it seems that every time I try to trade with someone, even though I am giving them a card they want of a player they collect in return for a card I don't neccessarily need, they always try to get an edge. They want me to give them more bv than I am giving them. Or they want me to also trade them some hot RC for a cold RC with the same bv. It's like, I am doing you a favor and you want to try to get over on me?

My peeve is that I guess I just wish that there were more people who saw the internet and these forums as a way of helping each other out, not trying to screw each other over for maximum bv.

My other peeves are:
    1. That nobody really seems interested in trading base cards, or if they do, they want auto'ed or GU'ed in return.
    2. Any card produced in the late 90's is considered crap and impossible to trade (I am talking mainly hockey here).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

I hate it when people call say a Jeter 2/25 a 1/1... That pisses the -censored- right out of me, it's #1/1 than it's a ONE OF ONE otherwise it's NOT end of discussion and if someone is willing to pay more for that, send them my way when you're done with them because I have some magic beans I'd like to try and sell them...

Oh yeah, over grading, pack searchers, poor quality service, expensive packs with common autos or overproduced jerseys, dutch autions and $4.00 s/h also annoy me...

I just realized I sound like a bitter old man, time to hit the hay... g'nite!

P-C
    --

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dominicon123's Items on eBay

My pet peev is that I am addicted to buying them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goutnout's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiam0nd66
    For buying cards.......my absolute #1 peeve is ANYONE who charges $3 or more for S&H for 1 card. I won't buy from anyone who does this.

Peace,
    Rima

i only would accept this sort of thing from ebay because you dont have to pay final value fees on shipping costs. but on here or another forum i would have to agree with you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast