Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

James Spence & John Reznikoff Their Authenticating Mistakes Keeps Coming

John “psychic authenticator” Reznikoff is the person who authenticates presidential signatures for James Spence Authentications.

We understand why James Spence would need someone else to authenticate presidential autographs but why choose the guy who participated in the sale of 7/8 million dollars worth of Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy forgeries to over 150 investors.

Be it as it may, here’s another classic error, mistake, goof, slipup, boner and blunder by this infamous duo.

Go to eBay, item #110412169328, President Warren Harding Signed Auto, JSA (James Spence) Typed Letter. See illustration below.

Harding letter on eBay for $499.00 with COA from James Spence
    Go to most any reference book on presidential autographs such as one written by Charles Hamilton or the article written by Mary Benjamin and you will find the signature on the above letter was signed for Harding by his secretary.

www.autographalert.com will save you the trouble. The following is just one example published in reference books about Harding’s secretary George B. Christian.

Harding secretarial signature verses genuine example
    Let’s no longer accept the “guess” or “opinion” from a psychic authenticator and those who need to hire someone else to authenticate for them.

Be your own “expert” and match the secretarial signature on the letter authenticated by Reznikoff/Spence as genuine and you choose which signatures are alike/same.

Can you image someone still pays good money for these authentications? What word would you use to describe an authenticating service that makes such irresponsible goofs?

http://www.autographalert.com/2010-12.html
    Last edited by CRJSr9; 03-01-2011 at 05:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Yikes................caveat emptor.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

Yeah, JSA recently rejected one of my Bryce Harper photos that I got signed myself. The whole idea that a third party can authenticate things at 100% accuracy is so stupid, yet many collectors believe in JSA like it is UDA.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (46)
    Country
    See Brudsie9's Items on eBay

JSA and most of the so called authenticaters are a joke. The sticker they put on the product means nothing to me. If anything id shy away from it. Ive been to shows where they are authenticating and they barely look at half the stuff they say is legit.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, JSA recently rejected one of my Bryce Harper photos that I got signed myself. The whole idea that a third party can authenticate things at 100% accuracy is so stupid, yet many collectors believe in JSA like it is UDA.

& thats the saddest part of this hobby today, next to the actual forgers, Fakeing there stuff & re-selling it.. Blows me away how people think these 3rd party crooks are the best thing for this hobby..

Saw awhile back, someone sent in a Albert Pujols game used bat to PSA, just for verification & came back with an* Authentic signature * COA, but was no Autograph on the bat! Amazing. wish i could find the article. Its pretty sad.