limitedplay: wow, that's some ignorance. 30 million, how much is that of the total population, 10%? And most of those are illegal right, it's not like USA are known for accepting refugees from all over the world. Sweden got 1.7 million immigrants, that's 18% of the population (we're total 9). And that's the legals, I have no idea how many illegals there are. Read up some before speaking.

Libya: First, everything is global today as some others say above. It's just plain ignorance thiking otherwise, it's a more global world then ever, oil, resources, China etc.

Second, it's not only the Oil, USA has for decades hated Khadaffi ever since Reagan called him a "mad dog". He's just a nail in the eye for them. So I'm pretty sure (some parts of) USA would love to get this oppurtunity, at last.

But I'm just amazed at all this, how quick it is going without even an excuse of going in. Cause "saving the rebels" is not an excuse. I don't mind if UN would act as a world police and help countries get rid of dictators, but they don't. They're not consequent at all.

40 peaceful demonstraters were killed yesterday in Jemen by snipers. But Jemen is an ally so who cares. Bahrain keeps killing and harrasssing the demonstrants. But Bahrain is also an ally so who cares. The Ivory Coats - 400 dead since the election, but that's deeper into Africa and we so certainly don't care. Not to mention really bad non-democrazies like Iran, Burma and so forth. For various reasons we don't care there either, Iran is way too difficult to tackle and Burma got Chinas support. It's such hypocrizy it stinks worse then my neighbors dog ™™™™. I'm really really upset about it, on behalf of all the countries with supressed people who needs desperate help but never gets it.

Also, when the world finally decides to attack an arab non-democracy - a llousy choice. if I were forced to pick one arab non-democrazy country to live in, I probably would pick Libya. Free hospitalcare, free school, free elderly pensions, free workinjury insurance, free dentists, and as a woman I'm allowed to educate myself, work and don't have to go in burqa. Seriously, of all the bad arab countries, this is the worst? Even Saudi is worse.

To add a further questionmark - Khadaffi imo is pretty barking insane, but he's somewhat right in one thing, Islamist fanatics have since long tried to get a real foothold in Libya but he has managed to hold them off. So it actually is true, and wouldn't surprise me, if Al-qaida is involved in this, and if UN/US removes Khadaffi it sure wouldn't surprise me if Libya eventually turns into another Islamist extreme country.