Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chara's a free man

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Good get rid of Air Canada. I could care less if they stop sponsering. Maybe it will drive ticket sales down.

This is a cheap way out for them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Typical Air Canada. Always thinking that they wear clothes that are really a much larger size than they are themselves.

Nice threat. Lol

Poxy airline

Air Canada is one of the largest corporate sponsors of hockey in Canada (where 2 of the top 5 profitable teams in the NHL are located)

They have their NAME on the Toronto Arena.

As far as people thinking saying that this may drive ticket sales down, how in the heck would that work? Do you know many people who go to games because they like the fact that Air Canada is a sponsor? If you are trying to suggest that it will drive the COST of tickets down.
    If the teams lose one of their biggest sponsors, tickets prices will RISE.

I swear it's like talking to a bunch of 8th graders.

The "So what, who needs em" mentality only works for sports who aren't struggling, which the NHL is at the moment.
    Last edited by flemingc04; 03-10-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Please refrain from personal attacks.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Easy Son..... I was born in Saskatchewan and continue to be a Canadian citizen. I also logged 9 million air miles with Air Canada over a 16 year period from 1985-2001

I've done, and have had many business dealings with them over the years.

You should apologize to Americans for that nonsense that you just typed.
    Last edited by centrehice; 03-10-2011 at 11:24 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

fix the arena. there is no reason why the glass should be at a 90 degree angle anywhere where a player may potential hit it. If the glass was on a 45 the player would have deflected off. I dont blame the player i blame the nhl and the arenas. FIX THE BROKEN ARENA"S!!! People get hurt in other sports and other walks of life and we find ways to make them safer. Why wont the NHL fix things when players get hurt

SCF Rewards
    Country

IDK...3 things here:

- This whole thing of its his 1st offense so does that mean any player with a clean record gets a free pass?

- Has anyone check to see if these two players have had a history prior? I mean yea Im not sure what game it was before but didnt Pacioretty run Chara in the boards after a GWG sometime this yr and then Chara has gone after him since... IMO I believe there might be some intent with it cause ANY player will say theres no intent cause honestly who is gonna fuss up to that? Of course Bruins fans will said but really you cant take everything at face value.

- Also though let me preface this by saying it could be well out of the realm of reasoning but with any other player on a NON original 6 team w/ a clean record, would they get a suspension so is there favoritism played out here?

Im not hating on any team here, it just seems wrong if that makes any sense.

Opinions away, thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (13)
    Country

Who cares if Air Canada has it's name on the rink in Toronto, I am sure they could find someone else willing to fork out the money in under an hour. They should worry more about trying to fix their day to day operations and financial issues then trying to clean up the NHL....

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

fix the arena. there is no reason why the glass should be at a 90 degree angle anywhere where a player may potential hit it. If the glass was on a 45 the player would have deflected off. I dont blame the player i blame the nhl and the arenas. FIX THE BROKEN ARENA"S!!! People get hurt in other sports and other walks of life and we find ways to make them safer. Why wont the NHL fix things when players get hurt

Ridiculous to blame the arenas. So if a guy push someone down the stairs and broke his neck so we should blame the stairs? Same if a guy push the head of a player directly on a goal post so we should blame the post? Give me a break. Anyway, population is angry, sponsors are upset, police is now on the folder...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Pacioretty pushed Chara in the back after a goal was scored a few games ago between the teams. It was NOTHING. Chara turned and went after him, NOTHING happened. If that is "history", there is "history" between everyone in the league. People are grasping to try to form intent on Chara's part. The league is the only un-biased party to all of this and they made their decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think after Pacioretty scored an overtime goal against the Bruins a couple of weeks ago he pushed Chara, but not into the boards. Chara had slashed Pacioretty earlier.

IDK...3 things here:

- This whole thing of its his 1st offense so does that mean any player with a clean record gets a free pass?

- Has anyone check to see if these two players have had a history prior? I mean yea Im not sure what game it was before but didnt Pacioretty run Chara in the boards after a GWG sometime this yr and then Chara has gone after him since... IMO I believe there might be some intent with it cause ANY player will say theres no intent cause honestly who is gonna fuss up to that? Of course Bruins fans will said but really you cant take everything at face value.

- Also though let me preface this by saying it could be well out of the realm of reasoning but with any other player on a NON original 6 team w/ a clean record, would they get a suspension so is there favoritism played out here?

Im not hating on any team here, it just seems wrong if that makes any sense.

Opinions away, thanks.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast