Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizens Bank Park

SCF Rewards
    Country

Citizens Bank Park

Hey guys, it's me again- I've done my best to not clog the boards with posts, but of late I have started again. I offer my apologies.

I know that I am usually well-versed in getting autos in Philly, but honestly I know shockingly little about getting graphs in and around citizens bank park.

I have gotten guys like victorino, howard, and a few others in the park, but those were mostly by dumb luck standing down the line pregame. I know that that is the most common way to get a graph, but I am wondering if there is a better way.

I know the gates open at 4:30 for a 7:00 game on Ashburn Alley to watch Phils BP, but you aren't allowed down towards the field. However, when I have been there in the past, if you RUN towards the field as soon as they open the rest of the park- you can catch guys there- I JUST missed Cole Hamels last year doing this.

Also, while I am walking around the outfield concourse before they open the big park, I might take a swing by the bullpen (in easy view) to see if anyone is there (maybe one of the four aces?)

Then the visiting team comes out for BP, and I have gotten lucky by the dugout or down the line.

Then a few guys also will sign sometimes during pregame warmups.

That is my general plan- is there anything I missed for graphing in the park? The fact that you aren't allowed near the field for Phils BP is really a drag.

I heard that outside the game is pretty much a waste of time, as the players park inside a fenced in facility and rarely stop.

I hope that this post will help those of you who plan to graph there in the future, but also, if anyone has more experience than me, please ADD TO THIS! If I missed anything please let me know!

Erik

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your best bet in Philly is to get the opposing teams graphs at the hotel. The only way I have seen guys getting autographs is exactly how you mentioned. Down along the first base line before the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howiek1227's Items on eBay

Where is the visiting team hotel in Philly?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you are or aren't allowed near the field during / after batting practice?

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are allowed in the stadium for Phils BP, but only the left field concourse is open. They rope off the rest of the field. After the phils BP is over they remove the rope. That was why I said if you run after they remove the rope you might catch a few guys lingering on the field.

The visiting team BP takes BP right after that, so you are allowed on the field for that. I got Shin-soo Choo there, among other people by the dugout that way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gotcha. What time would you say visiting teams BP started up? How many others were over by the dugout?

SCF Rewards
    Country

All gates open at 5:30 I think for a 7:00 night game, I'd get there before 6. It is my experience that the opposing dugout was not very crowded. Most people get there really early and then flock to stake out a good spot down the line for Phils graphs.

I'd imagine it varies by teams and if some stars are out there more might go over.

I'm going to these games this year. If anyone has any graphing info for players on these teams please pass it along:

Milwaukee Brewers 4/19
    NY Mets 4/30
    Rockies 5/19
    Diamondbacks 8/17
    Cardinals 9/18
    Nationals 9/20

I'll probably go to 1-2 others on a whim on short notice, but these are the ones I currently have tickets for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

NY Mets 4/30

See ya there. I'm a Mets fan, so I am hoping my wife lets us get there early enough and doesn't give me crap for wanting to try and graph (she's not a big fan of the whole thing)....She is usually cool about going early. Although, last time I convinced her it was game 1 of a doubleheader. NO BP that day and we sat in our seats reading entertainment weekly and chatting in 90 degree weather for almost 2 hours. I really hope she doesn't remember that b/c she wasn't too pleased about it....

Anyway, I was also looking for tips.

BUT!

I will probably just hang by the dugout / 3rd baseline...
    Last edited by JVazz29; 04-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My girlfriend, who won't be going with me, loves that I graph, but she won't do it with me anymore.

One time we were graphing before the phils game, and we were standing in the heat for like an hour. She felt faint and had to sit down in the shade and was really not doing well in the heat. I got her a lot of water and cooled her down and rubbed her arms legs etc with ice cubes to bring down her core temp.

Right then and there in that moment, Shane Victorino started signing down on the field. I saw this from the concourse where we were sitting in the shade. I told her she is ok, I will be back in 2 minutes, I ran down and got Shane Victorino's autograph.

However, she has never let me live this down that I "left her to die" to go get Victorino's autograph. She is half joking when she says this, but she said due to the heat and the long waits she doesn't want to graph with me.

So anyways, I have 2 tickets so I won't be going alone, but I won't be going with my girlfriend either.

If you want to text me or something when you are there let me know and I can PM you my phone number or something. Always good to meet a fellow grapher who isn't a jerk.

As for tips, hanging out by the dugout and calling for guys is your best bet. But during BP keep your eyes on the outfield players (pitchers shagging balls, etc) because sometimes they come in and sign afterward BP.

When the starters come out for pregame warmups, stand down the 3rd base line any spot you can get up against the wall to the field and get ready to move around.

The graphing can be tough in CBP, but that's the best I can give you as far as tips. I'm hoping someone on these forums can do better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have only been there once, and I went by their parking lot after the game. some players came up, but I got prince fielder walking right outside the stadium.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast