Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

first choice for people with big bucks to "invest" their money in as far as basketball mem. is Jordan. Its the safest place to store your money in the sport.

oh theres no doubt about that, although there are some players that sell very well.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    BO (18)
    Country

as long as Jordan is still the GOAT, his cards would sell strong
    if anyone passes him, then his cards should be significantly lowered

And i also believe this recent (started about 2 years ago) craze of 90s inserts are because of price manipulations / fake sales / overhyping

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Ebay Sucks!'s Items on eBay

i collect mj and the future is not looking good

more counterfeits continue to flood the market, every card show has them, they are for trade here on this site and all the other forums and trading sites

patch fakers are working overtime faking patches, just go the high end trade sections on this forum and you will see plenty, the hobby as a whole is in trouble, and it seems the card companies to continue to ignore the problem

plus many collectors are clueless to the problem, just yesterday i saw on this forum how someone posted a thread about how to spot fake logoman cards and still, some collectors think they are real,

also, just the other day, i found dave and adams cardworld selling proven fake patch cards, if they cannot tell a card is real or not then the hobby is in serious trouble, i love d & a cardworld, and will buy from them again, but if they keep selling PROVEN fake cards then i do not know

the card companies are make cards for us, we buy them as an investment, scammers are getting better at faking patches, counterfeiting rookies and so forth... it escapes me why topps, and upper deck, etc... refuse to do anything about it

card collecting is in trouble, and it has nothing to do with the economy, don't believe me? then look for yourself, check out the high end trade areas, even go to a card show, look for a genuine mj rookie, i have seen sellers selling nothing but fake rookies, one guy had 2 cases full of fake patch cards... people keep buying this junk, which only ruins the hobby in the long term, you are talking about the future

what happens when people find out that their precious MOJO cards are worthless?

THIS HOBBY HAS NO FUTURE IF PEOPLE KEEP LEAVING IT

i did not even mention the other scam that is going around, and it has to do with mj cards, some ebay sellers have banded together with a few forum writers to artificially inflate the value of mj cards, sick patches and so forth, i am not even going to talk about that so i will not give anybody else ideas

yeah, if you find a bargain, buy it, stay away from rookies, popular inserts, 'rare' cards and sick or multi color patches just to be safe, then pray the hobby does not disappear, because if it does then who will buy your cards????

SCF Rewards
    Country

i collect mj and the future is not looking good

more counterfeits continue to flood the market, every card show has them, they are for trade here on this site and all the other forums and trading sites

patch fakers are working overtime faking patches, just go the high end trade sections on this forum and you will see plenty, the hobby as a whole is in trouble, and it seems the card companies to continue to ignore the problem

plus many collectors are clueless to the problem, just yesterday i saw on this forum how someone posted a thread about how to spot fake logoman cards and still, some collectors think they are real,

also, just the other day, i found dave and adams cardworld selling proven fake patch cards, if they cannot tell a card is real or not then the hobby is in serious trouble, i love d & a cardworld, and will buy from them again, but if they keep selling PROVEN fake cards then i do not know

the card companies are make cards for us, we buy them as an investment, scammers are getting better at faking patches, counterfeiting rookies and so forth... it escapes me why topps, and upper deck, etc... refuse to do anything about it

card collecting is in trouble, and it has nothing to do with the economy, don't believe me? then look for yourself, check out the high end trade areas, even go to a card show, look for a genuine mj rookie, i have seen sellers selling nothing but fake rookies, one guy had 2 cases full of fake patch cards... people keep buying this junk, which only ruins the hobby in the long term, you are talking about the future

what happens when people find out that their precious MOJO cards are worthless?

THIS HOBBY HAS NO FUTURE IF PEOPLE KEEP LEAVING IT

i did not even mention the other scam that is going around, and it has to do with mj cards, some ebay sellers have banded together with a few forum writers to artificially inflate the value of mj cards, sick patches and so forth, i am not even going to talk about that so i will not give anybody else ideas

yeah, if you find a bargain, buy it, stay away from rookies, popular inserts, 'rare' cards and sick or multi color patches just to be safe, then pray the hobby does not disappear, because if it does then who will buy your cards????

Well i collect MJ 90's cards and rarely see many fake patch cards because they are so rare to even find initially. The one's that i've seen do a bad job at ruining a nice card such as 99-00 game jersey patch logoman /25. I would say Jordan fleer 86 rc would be the easier to fake, but then again you can purchase a graded one for affordable prices nowadays anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my opinion if you are looking to invest buy gold. I work at a card shop and the person who said look at card shops they invest in cards is 100% wrong. If I get a prospect rc of anyone and it sells for 1$ i will sell it for $1 because I didnt pay that and I would be making money. If one day it skyrockets to $100 I can still buy them and sell them to make money when they come in. For example, i had a DRose Topps black rc /51 come in almost a year ago. I sold it for under 30$ and now it brings in big bucks. I had very little money in it so I made around 15-20$ after fees. Now today if I had that card i could get almost 10x that but I could buy it if it came into the shop for 1/2 ebay and resell it. No matter what somethings worth card shops get it while they can because there are more busts than stars and more money and cards to be had at a later date. Trust me if your looking to make money please dont waste your time.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Ebay Sucks!'s Items on eBay

Thumbs down graded cards are no safer

Well i collect MJ 90's cards and rarely see many fake patch cards because they are so rare to even find initially. The one's that i've seen do a bad job at ruining a nice card such as 99-00 game jersey patch logoman /25. I would say Jordan fleer 86 rc would be the easier to fake, but then again you can purchase a graded one for affordable prices nowadays anyways.

'graded' cards are no safer, ebay has plenty of fake graded cards, the card shows have plenty of counterfeit 'graded' cards.... THATS WHY THE PRICES ARE GOING DOWN, plus the scammers know they are fake so they sell them for less

SCF Rewards
    Country

'graded' cards are no safer, ebay has plenty of fake graded cards, the card shows have plenty of counterfeit 'graded' cards.... THATS WHY THE PRICES ARE GOING DOWN, plus the scammers know they are fake so they sell them for less

Thats why you buy from reputable graders like Beckett, PSA for peace of mind. There are thousands of counterfeit Jordan rc's and that is a known fact and has been the case for the past 20 years unfortunately.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    BO (18)
    Country

Thats why you buy from reputable graders like Beckett, PSA for peace of mind. There are thousands of counterfeit Jordan rc's and that is a known fact and has been the case for the past 20 years unfortunately.

Do you know that BGS & PSA still grade the card, even though the PATCH is fake?
    and i'm talking about patch/gu cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

As far as investing to put your kids through college or buy a house I wouldn't go there but if you are buying cards that would hold their value and will always have a rapid fan base you can't go wrong with Jordan. Look at it this way. Mickey Mantle cards are big sellers he played and retired before the days the mass media days starting with the 1980's to the present day. Jordan cards are at least 10x more popular. With the advent of youtube and other forms of media combined with the fact that Jordan is still a relatively young guy in good shape that should be around at least for another 25 years, he will still be in the public eye and kids for next generation will be able to "youtube" or do whatever kids will be doing then to see his highlights. Just as people still collect Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle people will always collect Jordan cards and memorbillia.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

"i did not even mention the other scam that is going around, and it has to do with mj cards, some ebay sellers have banded together with a few forum writers to artificially inflate the value of mj cards, sick patches and so forth, i am not even going to talk about that so i will not give anybody else ideas"

would you mind disclosing a few of these people's names?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast