Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

So 95 year old terminally ill wheelchair bound women are terrorists now are they...

http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=7970

A 95-year-old cancer-stricken woman was forced to undergo 45 minutes of intrusive pat-down at a US airport, triggering an outrage on the treatment meted out to her.

Seriously where does this garbage end. This is totally inexcusable and a new low for the TSA. Its one thing to defend the country against potential terrorist threats, its totally another thing to terrorize it's citizens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is just sick. Do these idiots really think that embarassing the elderly and children is going to stop terrorism? The real terrorists are rolling over laughing at us.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

“Eventually they found something that appeared to be hard they said could be a concealed weapon.”

While I don't believe at all she should have had to remove the diaper, the officials were doing their job. The wheelchairs require special inspections, just like any other metal object.

If you guys can think of a better system, I'd like to hear it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I agree with andrew. There have been quite a few female suicide bombers over the years and part of that reason was to help disguise themselves from the typical young male stereotype of who they thought were suicide bombers. It's not inconceivable that an older person or child could be recruited knowingly or unknowingly. If they let people through who were in wheelchairs and "didn't look like a terrorist" what would keep people from pretending to be in a wheelchair to get things on planes to cause harm?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with andrew. There have been quite a few female suicide bombers over the years and part of that reason was to help disguise themselves from the typical young male stereotype of who they thought were suicide bombers. It's not inconceivable that an older person or child could be recruited knowingly or unknowingly. If they let people through who were in wheelchairs and "didn't look like a terrorist" what would keep people from pretending to be in a wheelchair to get things on planes to cause harm?

Well said.

Heck, I bet there have even been old women that have brought down planes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i agree with andrew. There have been quite a few female suicide bombers over the years and part of that reason was to help disguise themselves from the typical young male stereotype of who they thought were suicide bombers. It's not inconceivable that an older person or child could be recruited knowingly or unknowingly. If they let people through who were in wheelchairs and "didn't look like a terrorist" what would keep people from pretending to be in a wheelchair to get things on planes to cause harm?

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

you can't forget about the great possibility that people at the airport who aren't flying on a plane could potentially place things in passengers or in their belongings (even wheelchairs) that could do harm.

I don't know how this specific search went but just because some cried doesn't always mean that it was inappropriate on the searchers part. I'm sure they felt bad that she was so upset, but say she did have something and it got through... people would be going nuts that they were incompetent. They really can't win if you think about it.
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 07-01-2011 at 10:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

you can't forget about the great possibility that people at the airport who aren't flying on a plane could potentially place things in passengers or in their belongings (even wheelchairs) that could do harm.

I don't know how this specific search went but just because some cried doesn't always mean that it was inappropriate on the searchers part. I'm sure they felt bad that she was so upset, but they say she did have something and it got through... people would be going nuts that they were incompetent. They really can't win if you think about it.

Very going point, as well. Again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

While I don't believe at all she should have had to remove the diaper, the officials were doing their job. The wheelchairs require special inspections, just like any other metal object.

If you guys can think of a better system, I'd like to hear it.

I heard that lady's daughter interviewed on the radio . She claims the wheelchair was provided by the TSA as a loaner. So if you or a family memebe go to the airport , Dont request wheelchairs ..lol..
    Last edited by INTIMADATOR2007; 07-01-2011 at 08:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I heard that lady's mother interviewed on the radio . She claims the wheelchair was provided by the TSA as a loaner. So if you or a family memebe go to the airport , Dont request wheelchairs ..lol..

Uhh, I doubt that the lady's mother is still alive....

But, I don't get what that has to do with anything. They could have swiped explosives into some hidden crevice and went onto the plane.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast