Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Yankees09champs's Items on eBay

Wow- I just got scammed for $180 on ebay. Is there anything I can do?

This is really messed up, I've had almost 500 ebay transactions and this one is 100 times worse than any other deal. It was a straight up scam. I sold my Babe Ruth dual pants card for $170 (link below.) The buyer received the card and said it was bent in half, and asked if I mailed with insurance. I responded and said that when I sent the card it was in fine condition, and I didn't mail with insurance. He said he believed me because it was clear that the card was damaged during mailing. So I told him to return it, because it's not his fault that it was damaged. So he filed a paypal dispute, I'm not too familiar with paypal disputes but we both agreed that i would give him a refund if he sent me the card. So the money was frozen (or he got it back), and he sent me the original package I sent him but it was rerouted to my address. Heres the scary part; I open the package and it's just a blank card that said "Thanks! Enjoy your card." He stole my card and my money! I went onto paypal and the only option I can choose is that I have received the card.

Is there anything I can do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Best thing to do is call paypal and explain.
    TRADING FOR (1) GREG MADDUX (2) HOF GU/AUTOS (3) 2006-2015 A&G RELICS (4) 2008 UD HEROES #D

CLICK HERE FOR - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Buffy1022's Items on eBay

Angry

What a punk! Whats his screename so we can block him?

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Wow, I know what I would do if he lived a few hours away, but it can't hurt to call his local police department and report him for fraud. I hope PayPal can come through for you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (141)
    Country

this is really messed up, i've had almost 500 ebay transactions and this one is 100 times worse than any other deal. It was a straight up scam. I sold my babe ruth dual pants card for $170 (link below.) the buyer received the card and said it was bent in half, and asked if i mailed with insurance. I responded and said that when i sent the card it was in fine condition, and i didn't mail with insurance. He said he believed me because it was clear that the card was damaged during mailing. So i told him to return it, because it's not his fault that it was damaged. So he filed a paypal dispute, i'm not too familiar with paypal disputes but we both agreed that i would give him a refund if he sent me the card. So the money was frozen (or he got it back), and he sent me the original package i sent him but it was rerouted to my address. Heres the scary part; i open the package and it's just a blank card that said "thanks! Enjoy your card." he stole my card and my money! I went onto paypal and the only option i can choose is that i have received the card.

Is there anything i can do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=190541751228&sspagenam e=strk:mesox:it

i would've called them screamin
    and you have his address call the poice one him
    i would've made upraw so badd

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

Agree with what others are saying... 170 is a lot of money, definitely enough to get the police involved.

SCF Rewards
    Country

get police involved and call paypal and talk to them about itl

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this is big enough for you to involve the authority. But first, contract paypal and see if they would do anything about it. If all else fails, I would contact the authority. Good luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Yankees09champs's Items on eBay

Ok thanks guys, it looks like I'll contact paypal and if that doesen't work I'll go to the authorities.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blue_dog_cards's Items on eBay

That is so messed up, hope everything works out for you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast