Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One very nice GAI certified fake.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country
    See 24lakersfranchise24's Items on eBay

There is a lot of psa and jsa fakes too. I stick with IP autographs and Upper deck, Panini, Tristar, and Steiner

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kirbyc93's Items on eBay

what sticks out about it being a fake?

SCF Rewards
    Country

what sticks out about it being a fake?

Dude come on. If you know how Jeter's auto looks it's real easy. Plus did you notice how shakey it is too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

been doing this a long time. and i have seen ones ive gotten in person look much more sketchy.
    there are 100 factors that go into it. 2 of the hardest to determine is the ball and the pen used.
    for example does your signiture look the same every time? and if it does does it look the same if you were to do it on paper then onto a somwhat bumpy surface.
    im not defending it, im just saying that it isnt our place to call it a fake or not because i have seen much, much wierder.

Kirby

SCF Rewards
    Country

If that thing is authentic than Jeter must have been having a stroke when he signed it. I would bet on my whole collection that it's fake. There's been too many speculations and stories about these companies to fully trust anything that they authenticate. As far as photos, balls, etc I'd go with Steiner, UDA, PSA/DNA, stuff like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Psa and GAI are both the same type of companies and authenticate stuff the same way. They both get things wrong sometimes so why would you trust PSA over GAI? Steiner and UDA are the best two by far and most trustsble

SCF Rewards
    Country

beachboy stole words out of my mouth,
    ive seen screw ups on all companies, none are 100% trustworthy
    but it is the only way to "insure" it.

honestly i think the only one i would ever 100% trust is MLB

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

well, someone called him, and ebay, on it.

listing no longer exists

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

been doing this a long time. and i have seen ones ive gotten in person look much more sketchy.
    there are 100 factors that go into it. 2 of the hardest to determine is the ball and the pen used.
    for example does your signiture look the same every time? and if it does does it look the same if you were to do it on paper then onto a somwhat bumpy surface.
    im not defending it, im just saying that it isnt our place to call it a fake or not because i have seen much, much wierder.

Kirby

Another factor that can go into these sketchy looking autographs is how the autograph was obtained. This one seemed pretty fake as it's down now, but I've seen autographs that were obtained in person at hotels or in public and they look just terrible. Sometimes, players sign as they're walking or getting into a bus, and the autographs look nothing like they do when they're sitting at a paid signing. Again, not saying this was the case here but there are cases like this where the autograph is legitimate.