Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See silverpb11's Items on eBay

fanbro is officially a scam!

i bought a box off ebay through fanbro and got one of the best "hits" in the boxes, a ted williams signed baseball. the video was on youtube until they took it down along with the rest of their breaks. I was very happy and so was my friends and family. It wasn't until 5 weeks later that i realized it was a scam. i can't file a dispute through paypal because i got what i paid for which is the box, they just never shipped the topper which comes in the box and is shipped separately. my friend also ordered a case that has never come after 2 months.

recent: they say they will be giving the ball away in a giveaway

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

I've been telling people that for months now. But new collectors have been flocking there because of the "free" stuff they giveaway or people who don't understand collecting online. I'm sorry you were scammed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

fill me in. I'm not sure what this is? How did you think you got a Williams baseball if it wasn't in the box that you got?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

fill me in. I'm not sure what this is? How did you think you got a Williams baseball if it wasn't in the box that you got?

Not sure either but perhaps this is a clue?

they just never shipped the topper which comes in the box and is shipped separately

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

so if the topper is not in the box is it part of the box you bought? I still don't understand how you knew that you were due a ted williams topper if it wasn't in the box you got. I'm not familiar with the product, but I'd expect that if a secondary company is selling a box on ebay it would tell you if you were getting the topper or not.

Country

I think number of people have pressed an issue against fanbro

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See silverpb11's Items on eBay

they put an extra card in every box which is a code and it tells you what the topper is. I put in my code like supposed too and after months of them telling me they would ship it, they never did.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's essentially a redemption card since memorabilia/slabs/etc. wouldn't fit in their boxes. I've been doing a bit of research on this for some people.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool

I'm also still rather lost here. Did you buy a sealed box of one of the more popular card products? Or was it a box of cards busted by Fanbro where the boxbust was on video? What was the product? Complete details would be nice...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He is talking about repackaged cards with a box topper that is a redemption.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast