Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Frankly, I don't have a problem with it either way, whether Warren took it herself, or their was a 12 person board. It's a massive undertaking with tons of people responsible, no matter what. But it's something that could definitely help the American consumer.

Time will tell whether it actually provides any benefit. Maybe so, maybe not. I like the idea, just not the implementation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Time will tell whether it actually provides any benefit. Maybe so, maybe not. I like the idea, just not the implementation.

Undoubtedly. I have some faith in it though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How about troop withdrawal in Iraq? Oh wait a minute aren't you guys in favor of this unjust and illegal war?

Would have happened with or without Obama. A main running point of both sides was to bring the troops home. I give him credit for doing it but not for doing anything that wouldn't have been done anyway.

What about attempting to provide health care for the uninsured? Your beloved republican party put a stop to that.

Ummm... A.) Obamacare doesn't provide free insurance for the underpriviledged, Medicaid and Medicare already do that. Obamacare just criminalized not having insurance and placed a huge burder on small businesses making it that much harder for them to succeed.

B.) I have no idea where you get that the republicans stopped Obamacare. Obamacare passed in spite of something like 80% of Americans saying that they were against it.

What about providing stimilus money for the states? Hmm aren't the states that complained the loudest against the stimulus were the first ones with their hands out. Coincidently they were the ones with republican govenors.

Considering the two states that have received the most money (CA & NY) are Democratic controlled states it would appear that they are the states with their hands out the most. So you are wrong, they are the ones with Democrats in control.

Also, there were no states with their hands out "first" as all states were awarded funds at the same time. There was no line.

It looks like when President Obama tries to do what's right by this country a republican or several of them for that matter always has a problem with it. SMH

Actually it appears that the best thing he has ever done (bring home troops) is what any other president would have done. Other than that he has just spent a lot of taxpayer dollars and all we have to show for it is we still sit at over 9% unemployment, still have a struggling economy, still have no health care reform, still have no welfare reform, still have a government policy of overspending and still have a long-term fiscal plan that involves raising the debt ceiling as a response to overspending...all things that Obama promised to fix.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Well stated, Duane.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Come on, Duane, you can argue the points in my post too! I'm just jonesing for a debate today!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Come on, Duane, you can argue the points in my post too! I'm just jonesing for a debate today!

OK, but you asked for it so no crying later LOL

- Created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Just now really getting its footing (no clue why he hasn't appointed Elizabeth Warren to head this though). Should crack down on predatory lending.

The jury is still out but IMHO any creation of yet another bureaucratric office just results in massive overspending for minimal purpose. These "monitoring" offices are almost always corrupt and inconsistent.

- I know this from personal experience, he's really helped protect college students. He's helped expand the amount of time needed to pay loans, and has worked hard to try to keep interest rates in check. Rates SKYROCKETED in Bush's second term (My first Stafford loan in 2005 was at 2.4%, my last one in 2009 was at 6.6%). He's also significantly increased Pell grants, designed for smart young kids who could have trouble paying for college.

My rates stayed the same. They did not go down but I don't think they went up either. My Pell grants actually declined as I progressed thru school.

- Signed a Nuclear Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia (which after the end of the Cold War, was absolutely necessary)

Wait...what? I must admit, you have me baffled. Obama was POTUS at the end of the Cold War? I thought that was Reagan.

I lump this into the "would have happened with any president" category. I give him credit for doing it but not for it being a unique accomplishment.

- Just passed a new fuel emissions standards. If you buy a new car after 2025, it will now get 55 MPG or more.

Just like the lightbulbs, will be overturned at a later date. I am never impressed when presidents do things that don't even take effect until 10 or 20 years after they are out of office.

- The Lily Ledbetter Act- ensuring fair pay for women (believe it or not, women still make about 30% less than men for doing the same jobs)

Should pay be based on merit or gender?

- He's actually cut taxes for small businesses (I work in one, I've seen it.)

Wasn't this part of ARRA? I might be wrong but I thought that ARRA funding partially assisted small businesses. If I am correct then when ARRA funding dries up (happening right now) then so will the tax cuts/breaks.

- He did authorize the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, and has killed just about as many top al-Qaeda officers as Bush did in 8 years.

Eh, not impressed. My 9 year old could have done his part.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Eh, not impressed. My 9 year old could have done his part.

Very true. My 2 year old brother could have said "go kill him" just as easily.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very true. My 2 year old brother could have said "go kill him" just as easily.

I give Obama credit for not pulling the funding for the search for Obama. I am sure Pelosi and Reid would have wanted that dearly just so they could rub it in GWB's face.

Honestly tho, after they found him only a bumbling idiot who wanted to commit political suicide would not have given the OK to go after him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I give Obama credit for not pulling the funding for the search for Obama. I am sure Pelosi and Reid would have wanted that dearly just so they could rub it in GWB's face.

Honestly tho, after they found him only a bumbling idiot who wanted to commit political suicide would not have given the OK to go after him.

This gave me a good laugh

The second part is 100% true though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See snjs_stuff's Items on eBay

Would have happened with or without Obama. A main running point of both sides was to bring the troops home. I give him credit for doing it but not for doing anything that wouldn't have been done anyway.

Ummm... A.) Obamacare doesn't provide free insurance for the underpriviledged, Medicaid and Medicare already do that. Obamacare just criminalized not having insurance and placed a huge burder on small businesses making it that much harder for them to succeed.

B.) I have no idea where you get that the republicans stopped Obamacare. Obamacare passed in spite of something like 80% of Americans saying that they were against it.

Considering the two states that have received the most money (CA & NY) are Democratic controlled states it would appear that they are the states with their hands out the most. So you are wrong, they are the ones with Democrats in control.

Also, there were no states with their hands out "first" as all states were awarded funds at the same time. There was no line.

Actually it appears that the best thing he has ever done (bring home troops) is what any other president would have done. Other than that he has just spent a lot of taxpayer dollars and all we have to show for it is we still sit at over 9% unemployment, still have a struggling economy, still have no health care reform, still have no welfare reform, still have a government policy of overspending and still have a long-term fiscal plan that involves raising the debt ceiling as a response to overspending...all things that Obama promised to fix.

Well done, very well done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast