Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the*cup's Items on eBay

I think the easy answer to this thread is "too much"

I don't recall exactly how much each of the cards below set me back, all around the same ballpark range and it really just depends on what the US / Canada exchange rate was at the time of purchase.

These two were probably "the" cards to have of the Sedin twins around the time they were drafted... their first autographed cards, first 1/1's, they'll forever be a cornerstone of my collection. Pretty sure I picked up one via a collector in Sweden, the other changed hands at least once if not several times before it made its way home. Had a nerve-wracking few moments extricating one of them from an SGC holder (not really sure why anyone would bother getting a 1/1 like these graded), thankfully I pulled it off without any damage!

I'm sure many of us have had that moment where you look at a checklist for a new release and think - "well, that's it, there is no way I will ever own every card of my PC guy(s)". For me, this was that card... Howe, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin... all on a 1/1 patch card? No way a Sedin collector would ever own this one right? When it surfaced on ebay I really just tossed in a bid to be able to say that I'd taken part, didn't think for a second that I would actually win it!

Scientific progress has made the universe much less of a magical place - these days we understand just about everything except the physics behind Donald Trump's hair, how they get the filling inside the Caramilk bars, and McDonalds collectors. While I'll never fathom the obsessions that McD's collectors have with the rare patch inserts, I'm super-thrilled to have landed this whale-eye patch piece!

One-of-ones are nice and all, but if I had to pick one card that is obtainable but elusive and defines a great Sedin PC, it would be the Swedish dual autographed jersey. Inserted at roughly one in 40,000 packs, believe it is the first Swedish game jersey card ever made, and other than the SPx 1/1's above was probably the hottest card on the market at the time they were drafted. Even today it is the only game-used jersey card autographed on the jerseys by the twins. I'm pretty sure this one set me back a pretty penny or two courtesy of a Swedish collector, but my PC wouldn't be complete without it.

Wow. Had no idea those Sedin cards existed. Gorgeous!

Btw, what is up w the patches on the spgu?! They're all in the wrong places!

SCF Rewards
    Country

funny thread :) Lets bring back !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

Should be worth double that now.

Or better depending on the condition.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

My most expensive card I have ever bought. Paid $400 for it. Money well spent as it will be in my PC for a while!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Well i am sure this is the most i have spent on a single card. Won't tell you how much but you can guess it was expensive :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I guess this would be the winner for most $$$ I blew on one card.

Funny you should post that, I know it's a while ago. I showed this to my wife. (It's on my watch list) but sadly she said no lol. Apparently we don't have the funds for it lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Seeing as how I've already posted twice in this thread, I might as well make it a hat trick. The card in my avatar, Cam Russell 1/1 tough patch from ITG Enforcers 2. It was $240.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

This is probably the card I spent the most on. Was looking for it for awhile but it just never pops up with only 23 out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

only 23? did they only release that many or did something happen to 2 of em?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

only 23? did they only release that many or did something happen to 2 of em?

Don't know the whole story but 2 were either lost or damaged making only 23 out there instead of the standard 25.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718