Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

Females will never understand...

I started collecting again few weeks ago,I make pretty good money and I don't smoke or drink so I figured it's time for me to find a hobby that actually makes me feel good.Problem I have is that my wife doesn't understand that it's an actual investment (or at least that's what I tell her,lol) In few weeks, I dropped around 5k just buying boxes at local card shop,I'm 32 and I remember when box of NBA hoops were like $25 and now for $25 I can maybe get an empty box of national treasure,™™™?
    My wife doesn't understand the whole concept, In her mind I'm buying cardboard with scribbles on it...lol.
    She is born and raised in Va and a Redskin fan and earlier she suggested I trade my 1/1 Triple Thread Peyton Manning Auto jersey card for a
    REX GROSSMAN Autograph, I'm not a religious man but for that brief moment I was praying to god 'Please give me the strength to not choke her'
    It's okay for her to buy $3000 purses yet she has a problem with me spending few dollars here and there on cards.
    Anyone else share this problem and any pointers?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

You aren't alone, many husbands have this problem!

Country

You aren't alone, many husbands have this problem!

I could only imagine, I'm bidding on stuff on ebay and she comes in and tells me 'You better not be wasting money again!'
    I can't even spend my own money... ™™™? lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

I'm a man/husband & I wouldn't understand dropping 5k on boxes that don't guarantee a worth while hit, maybe dropping that amount on cards yes but not boxes hoping for the super high-end hit. Hit some forums, shows & lcs for lots or singles but to each their own.

Country

I'm a man/husband & I wouldn't understand dropping 5k on boxes that don't guarantee a worth while hit, maybe dropping that amount on cards yes but not boxes hoping for the super high-end hit. Hit some forums, shows & lcs for lots or singles but to each their own.

I agree with you completely, I was just getting back into collecting and I wanted the nostalgic feeling of opening packs again, I did get carried away a bit and I'm learning a lot from this site.