Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphing Rant

SCF Rewards
    Country

since it looks like this thread is talking about my ip post i guess ill make a response

1) Getting around 3 -6 cards at a minor league game for a player is what i usually do, but i had Chad Jenkins sign 18 first off since he is in my top 5 favorite players. The most i have ever gotten before that was 8. Second off i was the only person there when he signed. No others graphers at that stadium at all. I usually have a player sign at most 6. So dont publicly attack a member without reading all there successes.

2) I had to pay for my cards with my own money. The reason I had SOMEONE ELSE who didnt need him get my card signed so i wouldnt have a bunch lying around since i wouldnt see Parmelee again. All graphers at stadiums if a player is 1 per ask people who dont need them to get there card signed. And like Chris Parmelee in AA is a huge name player.

Honestly i am usually one of the most polite graphers at games and only got one player to sign over 10 autos in my whole graphing time. I didnt make it so other people would not get a graph from Jenkins since NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE, NO ONE AT ALL, WHY WOULD I NOT GET 18 AUTOGRAPHS FROM ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS WHEN THERE ARE NO OTHER GRAPHERS THERE, HE WAS EXTREMELY NICE AND WASNT UPSET HE WAS VERY APPRECIATIVE THAT I WAS SUCH A BIG FAN!

Please do not publically attack a member without knowing who they are or why they did something. I think im done with this website, im pretty dissapointed in the post here attacking me and i think im done with this website. this was ridiculous to post something calling out a member over a AA game.
    Last edited by bob9826; 09-09-2011 at 06:10 PM.

BANNED

Country

since it looks like this thread is talking about my ip post i guess ill make a response

1) Getting around 3 -6 cards at a minor league game for a player is what i usually do, but i had Chad Jenkins sign 18 first off since he is in my top 5 favorite players. The most i have ever gotten before that was 8. Second off i was the only person there when he signed. No others graphers at that stadium at all. I usually have a player sign at most 6. So dont publicly attack a member without reading all there successes.

2) I had to pay for my cards with my own money. The reason I had SOMEONE ELSE who didnt need him get my card signed so i wouldnt have a bunch lying around since i wouldnt see Parmelee again. All graphers at stadiums if a player is 1 per ask people who dont need them to get there card signed. And like Chris Parmelee in AA is a huge name player.

Honestly i am usually one of the most polite graphers at games and only got one player to sign over 10 autos in my whole graphing time. I didnt make it so other people would not get a graph from Jenkins since NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE, NO ONE AT ALL, WHY WOULD I NOT GET 18 AUTOGRAPHS FROM ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS WHEN THERE ARE NO OTHER GRAPHERS THERE, HE WAS EXTREMELY NICE AND WASNT UPSET HE WAS VERY APPRECIATIVE THAT I WAS SUCH A BIG FAN!

Please do not publically attack a member without knowing who they are or why they did something. I think im done with this website, im pretty dissapointed in the post here attacking me and i think im done with this website. this was ridiculous to post something calling out a member over a AA game.

Getting 18 cards of the same guy is stupid IMO, but lots of people do it, anyone can do what they what, get whatever they want graphed. If the player was okay with it and you weren't preventing anyone else from getting the player, I don't really see the problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And the thing was they were all different cards, refractors and stuff, only 3 were dupes. He was actually seemed happy that someone was just such a huge fan of his

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

I just want to be clear that I have no idea what you are talking about bob. I don't think anyone was talking about a particular person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The peson who made this thread was talking about my latest post in my graphing thread, this was posted the day after i made the post in my thread and the thing he said about having a bunch of cards signed by one player was me talking about how i got 2 pages of cards signed by chad jenkins and the second thing he was talking about for double dipping was how i had another guy get a second chris parmelle card signed since hes 1 per.
    I feel that the original poster was talking about my thread just because this was posted the day after i posted my success in my thread and this thread was talking about getting guys on a bunch of stuff and getting guys 2 times who are 1 per which i did both but i had help. This just is too much coincidence for me to believe this was not directed at me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

It couldn't be that out of all these people who collect autographs he couldn't have been at a different game and seen someone else get multiples and double dip? It happens at every stadium every night. Why didn't anyone make a post about my brother gettin 18 kemba walker 8x10s at one time? Because it isn't personal and it was just a coincedence you happened to do his pet peeve the day before he posted about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This was absolutely not directed at any specific person. I promise you bob and anyone else who may find this to be a personal attack. :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Glad to see that this is not directed at a certain person. I will admit to have been on both sides of this. I used to IP at minor league games a ton. I would build a book that had 6 cards per page of any player I had 6 cards of. Some players signed two, some one and some all six cards! I would always offer the player any of the cards and be polite to other graphers. Yes I would trade cards to be autographed with other regulars and also help each other out. Should there be a player that I missed in my 1998 or 1999 Best sets, I knew that one of my autograph buddies would have gotten it for me and I would do the same for other guys. I would get frustrated to see the guys who would load 18 cards of a player and hit them with that type of page. The same that someone may have seen my 6 as extreme I had seen 18 as extreme. All I can say is always let kids go first, treat the players and other auto hounds with respect and do not be upset when a player takes time to sign one autograph or a ton for fans. Just remember that those signatures that they are giving you have no REAL value as they are uncertified autographs. In most cases it would cost more to have them certified than they are worth after being certified! This hobby has the value that we place on it. I doubt anyone here will ever get the type of value that they personally place on their collection. I easily have over 8,000 items that I have signed either IP and TTM. I know that the money I spent on tickets, cards, food at games or postage would never come close the the resale value of my stuff. The stories that you get while getting the autographs, a few minutes with a star and the fun of talking with other sports fans is where the real value is at.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i have 125 shaun marcum bowman rookies signed, 120 jeff fiorentinos signed 100 eric fowlers, and about 200 signed cards of dustin mcgowan. fiorentio and fowler signed them all in one shot during a rain delay while playing in double a, marcum and mcgowan would sign whatever you gave them and i usually had 18 at a time. Now i dont see this as a big deal because never once was i rude about it never once did i cut little kids off, and never once was the player rude or mad about it. fiorentino actually thought it was cool that someone had that many cards of him. The reason i had so many of the same cards is because if you look on ebay you can find 50 count lots for about what youd pay for 5 cards individual, so why not buy more? Now i have cards i can trade for stuff that i want and all these dups i have could benefit someone else, for example theres a few guys on here trying to complete sets, if i didnt have a few of the guys sign a bunch i may not have had the cards they needed. The way i see it is the more autographs out there the easier it would be for us to get them. Dont you guys wish all the big named guys signed multiples? The more people sign the less likely there will be people out there forging autographs. If michael jordan signed everywhere he went and everytime he was asked how many forgeries do you think there would be? Nobody would waste their time forging an autograph that is easily obtained. Abe alvarez a former redsox prospect said to me once you know for every autograph i sign the value goes down he was being nice and making conversation. I said thats fine im not looking to sell anyway, even though i do sometimes sell my stuff thats not my motive in getting autographs. I dont think its the getting multiples and pages signed of a player, i think its the person getting the stuff signed, the dealers that are rude to other graphers the guys that dont let kids in, and dont help out when you ask them a simple question. Its those guys that ruin the graphing experience, not the nice people who just like to get as much stuff signed as possible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

I forgot which member said it and/or whether it was this specific thread but it really is up to the player(s) to police their own signing habits. And yes, I have been behind or after a person who got a number of things signed by the same player(s) and then the player walked off to get ready to play without signing for me. It's just the luck of the draw. At least I knew the player would sign multiple items after that encounter.

An example is Dan Uggla. He is one of those players that I have seen guys put a page with 9 cards in front of him and he has signed every single one. At the same event, I had to really beg to get him to "personalize" (yes, personalize!!!) my custom pic of him & me together. I think some players will actually sign multiples of "purchased cards" vs. signing a custom item because they know cards are making them a few extra bucks. I still remember seeing the Marlins players coming out with Topps checks for $500 in their hands when they signed for me IP this past ST.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123