Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never seen or talked to my mailman as he delivers the mail at 10am while I'm at school. Which is pretty cool because when I get home for lunch I can check the mail and see if I've received anything. So yeah my mailman does his job, no more.

There's something I don't get though. Do you guys in the US put the letters you want to get mailed in your own mailbox and then the mailman collect them ?? If it's the case, it's pretty cool since you don't need to go to the post office every time you want to send your mail.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never seen or talked to my mailman as he delivers the mail at 10am while I'm at school. Which is pretty cool because when I get home for lunch I can check the mail and see if I've received anything. So yeah my mailman does his job, no more.

There's something I don't get though. Do you guys in the US put the letters you want to get mailed in your own mailbox and then the mailman collect them ?? If it's the case, it's pretty cool since you don't need to go to the post office every time you want to send your mail.

Yup. I rarely get to the PO anymore since I generally work 8-4, I just stick 'em in the box before I leave.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My mailroom is set up with an outgoing box and a series of key-entry small boxes for each unit (I live in an apartment building), and I buy my stamps at the grocery store, so no post office for me anymore!

As for my mailman, he's a nice guy- navy vet. I used to think he was stealing crap but I think that was just paranoia over a slump I was in. He really is very nice, knows what I am doing, and always comments whether or not he has something good for me today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12