Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Protecting cards TTM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See laurel3049's Items on eBay

Protecting cards TTM

I've been seeing a lot of threads where you guys are getting damaged cards back, courtesy of the post office. I came up with an idea for sending and I thought I'd share it with you. I'm attempting my first TTM's this week, and here's how I will be sending them...

What you need: hard cases, or something similar of the same size; tape, scissors, paper. Cut thin pieces of tape, lay the card on the case, place the paper over the corners of the card, and tape over the paper and secure to the back of the case. The tape should not be touching the card, and it will hold it in place and make it convenient for the athletes to sign and place in the return envelope without dealing with the hassle of pulling the card out of the case.

I'm sure it's not the most revolutionary idea, but I figured I'd make suggestions to some of you who maybe just had not thought about doing it. Hope this helps!
    -Cody

BANNED

Country

Nice idea, but players are lazy and I think this may affect people's return rates/percentage. Maybe not, but that's just my thoughts. Great idea though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the issue is that hard cases sometimes get caught in the sorting machines and rip your envelopes to shreds. I haven't had many problems since I switched to sending bare cards and a "do not bend" label.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice idea, but players are lazy and I think this may affect people's return rates/percentage. Maybe not, but that's just my thoughts. Great idea though.

How so? The whole idea is that the card is laying on the front of the case, so they don't have to do anything different

BANNED

Country

How so? The whole idea is that the card is laying on the front of the case, so they don't have to do anything different

Wouldn't they have to take the tape off, etc.? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
    It doesn't sound like a big deal, but athletes get more and more lazy, it seems, these days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wouldn't they have to take the tape off, etc.? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
    It doesn't sound like a big deal, but athletes get more and more lazy, it seems, these days.

Nope. Unless they were feeling generous and wanted to put it in the case, all they would have to do is sign it, and send it back the same way. The tape on the corners allows plenty of room for them to sign.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Another way to do this, without having to cut paper and small pieces of tape, is to use Photo Corners. These are found in any store that sells scrapbooking stuff, and they are corners that you can put on your case, and you can slide the card underneath the corner, and they stick on one side. Excellent invention, and very easy to find in stores, including Target.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

the issue is that hard cases sometimes get caught in the sorting machines and rip your envelopes to shreds. I haven't had many problems since I switched to sending bare cards and a "do not bend" label.

Agree.