Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

When did you get your first TTM auto?

To subject say is all. When did you get your first TTM autograph? Mine was back in 1987. I sent one book of stamps worth of requests out after a friend told me about it. Some of the players that I had gotten back were DeVon White (1987 Topps RC) and Gary Carter (signed photo). The Gary Carter is a prized item of mine and yet I stopped after that first book of stamps until the mid 1990's! The last 14 years I have been pretty much doing TTMs. When did you get your first TTM and do you remember who it was?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

October 20, 2008 I got Mike Tomczak after reading that he signed and seeing the address in Tuff Stuff magazine...

SCF Rewards
    Country

In 2005 I got a pp from Paul Pierce. For a few years after then, I was on and off, but this July I got back into it, and have been sending out a lot of requests.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My first success was from Carl Erskine just this July!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sprooch's Items on eBay

My 1st was back in 2009 A week after Greg Camarillo Broke his lef. He was my 1st return and then i didnt send again for almost a year but after that my 1st back was John Bosa then i was hooked. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I started in July of this year.The first I got was Bobby Shantz.Along with my IC,he send one of his cards and a nice letter.It's still my favorite.

SCF Rewards
    Country

December of 09. Sent a few out in July of that year, not really thinking much of it. Sent to Felix Pie, Mark Grace, and some other person I never got back, don't even remember who. Forgot about the whole thing until I got Mark Grace back a couple days before Christmas, thought to myself, man, this is awesome. Sent a few more after Christmas and got Andre Reed. Been hooked since.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My first was in 87 also. I wrote to Mike Schmidt and about a year later I received a letter and photo signed by Mike. I also had a success with Don Mattingly. Then, I took a 20 year break from TTM requests.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Mine was Jason Arnold in 2001. Arnold was a young pitcher for the Staten Island Yankees who had just thrown a no-hitter while striking out 15. It was his sixth straight win. He ended up 7-2 on the year with a 1.50 ERA and 74 K's. I didn't have a card of him so I sent my request without a card. I was brand new at this and had no idea of the etiquette. He sent me a card of his own which was awesome. I thought he would be the next big Yankee pitcher. I was wrong, he never tasted the Big Leagues. Still, he was awesome to honor my request and send a card of his own. I didn't get into it hardcore until 2007 and have amassed a collection that is beyond crazy.

Also, while I was in Iraq I sent a request to George Steinbrenner and Don Mattingly in 2004. I didn't hear back from Mattingly but one day we got a huge box of Yankee hats with a Hess logo...Cap Day hats...so I suspect Steinbrenner had something to do with that. No note, just a huge box with no return address.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

ariana grande in july of 09 just got back up in july of this year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast