Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Controversy over the role of females in the catholic chruch

I am not catholic and this thread is by no means intended to ba a knock on catholics but I am curious to get catholics and others spin on this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z2
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Catholicism, where to start at how morally wrong this " religion " is. heck it practices things that go against their own religion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Catholicism, where to start at how morally wrong this " religion " is. heck it practices things that go against their own religion.

What religion dosen't practice things that goes against their own religion???
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 11-21-2011 at 11:47 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I never got why someone would follow a religion if they were denied a chance to be a certain leader within that church. I get that not everyone would have a desire to be a leader in their church, but the fact that they couldn't solely based on their sex is archaic and absurd in my mind. I've never got religions that use thousand year old "rules" to keep oppressing women or any other group of people in todays society.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I never got why someone would follow a religion if they were denied a chance to be a certain leader within that church. I get that not everyone would have a desire to be a leader in their church, but the fact that they couldn't solely based on their sex is archaic and absurd in my mind. I've never got religions that use thousand year old "rules" to keep oppressing women or any other group of people in todays society.

Answer is simple really. Duane touched on it in the 666 thread. It's something that was instilled in them as a child. If a belief gets hammered home hard enough in their youth, when they grow up they will defend it regardless of its absurdity. Religions count on this for their very survival.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Answer is simple really. Duane touched on it in the 666 thread. It's something that was instilled in them as a child. If a belief gets hammered home hard enough in their youth, when they grow up they will defend it regardless of its absurdity. Religions count on this for their very survival.

as do people who have been taught from an early age that only idiots follow religion and that they are one of the smart ones

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

as do people who have been taught from an early age that only idiots follow religion and that they are one of the smart ones

+1

Childhood indoctrination is hardly limited to religion.

Had a teacher talking to me and some other teachers the other day because he was concerned about a student's response to an assignment for Veteran's Day. The assignment was to write about "What Veteran's Day Means To Me".

Essentially the kid's paper started something like this...

"Veteran's Day means nothing to me. All the military does is invade other countries, kill innocent people, rape the women and enslave everyone who is still alive after they are done."

Coming from a 12-year-old 6th grader? This is clearly his parents perverted opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

absolutely, but you'd think as they grew older people change their ideals and opinions and they'd be able to see some major hypocrisies. I think a lot of people do, but a lot don't. I'm sure some over look it because they get something out of it that outweighs the negatives.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

If you are implying that I was taught such things you are mistaken. And as I implied in my previous post, a person's intelligence has nothing to do with a person's beliefs. It has more to do with their lack of knowledge when the belief is instilled in them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was never taught not to follow a religion. I formed my own opinions about it like I do most things as I grow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast