Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See posk23's Items on eBay

Who's the best grading company for...

...vintage Hank Aaron, Nolan Ryan, and Pete Rose? I'm trying to start a PC of one of these players (eventually all of them) and I need to know whose slabs protect best, have most value, etc. Just the best overall company for each. I'm guessing PSA for Rose and Ryan, and SGC or PSA for Aaron but I just want to be sure I get this right. All opinions are welcome.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, all companies pretty much do the same thing. Grade on similar scales and slab with similar type slabs. Some people like the look of SGC. Some people say the strength of BGS slabs are better. So it boils down to personal opinion I think. I don't think there is a right or wrong company to use.

That being said, I buy PSA. Why? The customer base is a lot larger. Their set registry's are a lot larger (have a lot more people participating). There are also more PSA cards out there than any other company, so as a buyer, it helps on price. But only sometimes. If it's a card that's hard to get a high grade in, it'll sell well regardless of what company you use.

Just as a comparison, there are 9 TOTAL Nolan Ryan sets that are registered with SGC. PSA has over 300 Nolan Ryan sets registered. So if you're looking to sell anything, PSA should have the higher customer base.
    Last edited by Ianril; 12-01-2011 at 12:38 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See posk23's Items on eBay

Thanks for the info!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info!

No problemo. I edited a bit of that as I didn't state that SGC had 9 total Nolan Ryan sets.. I made it sound like they only had 9 registered sets period. :D