Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

removing ink from a baseball?

I think someone had already asked this before, but i just could not find the thread. I was wondering if anyone knew how to safely remove black pen from a baseball. I got a ball personalized to me which i would not usually care except, i was trying to get a team ball going so i need the room.

anyway thanks guys!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Get a magic eraser. You can find them in the cleaning aisle of your grocery store.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

put it in the sun for a couple months, the ink will totally fade, if the ball is a cheapie one anyways...i say this because i just looked at a ball that I had signed back in the summer, its almost illegible now...

SCF Rewards
    Country

@palantri I think you should invest in UV coated baseball cubes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See autocollectr79's Items on eBay

a few ppl have told me that scotch tape takes off a signature by putting it on and pulling it off over and over again but i usually use magic eraser

SCF Rewards
    Country

The signatures is on an ROMLB so not really trying to stick it in sun, but I hear ya man on a cheaper ball I'm sure it would come right off. Anyway thanks guys I will give the dry eraser a shot and let you'll know how that worked out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

complete success!dry eraser removed the ink nicely, thanks again guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I might give this a try as a baseball I have is a ROMLB one the player signed in one of the panels but personalised it wanted to get a team to sign it too, so if I can remove my name from it and keep the players sig would be good, I tryed nail polish remover on a test one it worked but took the colour off the ball a bit lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

I offered the "magic eraser" solution here a while back but a word of caution about this process. If you have another person sign over the spot you erased, the ink from a Bic will tend to bleed a little over time. Also, right after they sign over the spot, be careful because it can smudge more easily...

SCF Rewards
    Country

where can i get one of these magic eraser from? I did an image search it came up as a cux superwipe cleaning thing lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast