Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

what do you put in your letter

just wondering

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

It varies for me. Sometimes I will make it personal, especially if I have met the individual in the past. Other times I will handwrite a kind of form letter. The best was Anthony Armstrong of the Redskins. I wrote to him early in the season and he signed a card and sent along a note about how neat my handwriting was. I sent to him again with another card and mentioned it was my second time asking and that even though I was a Giants fan he was one of my favorite players because of his interesting story getting into the NFL and his volunteering to help out a Navy officer. He read my letter and wrote me back again and signed my card with a funny inscription.

Ultimately, it is up to you what to put in your letter. When I first got into TTM I read Pat Neshek's website and he offered advice on how to write to athletes...keep it short, polite, and to the point. You don't want to write a two-page letter every time out and they don't want to read it. Sometimes, it is appropriate but most times it isn't. There are some people that just use an index card to ask for their autograph. As long as you are courteous and polite chances are you will get the autograph.

I hope this helped a little.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do all of my letters the same way.
    First I thank them for taking the time to read my letter, then I explain why I admire them and there work, then I ask if they have the time could they please sign what I have enclosed, and then one more thanks for there time. Then I sign the letter.
    Most of the time my letters come to half a page to a page.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks guys :) love the help

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yankeejetsfan01's Items on eBay

What do you say to someone who's career lasted a short while?

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike

That is a good question..I have trouble with those.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike

i usually just put that im a big fan of ( Insert team here ) & how i would love to have them sign what i have enclosed to add to my personal ( insert team here ) collection. Also, I make a point to say something about them if they won a championship with that team, how i feel they were instrumental in getting them to that point or something along those lines.