Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Flyers Carnival

BANNED

Country

2012 Flyers Carnival

Who is going and what are your plans?

SCF Rewards
    Country

when is it and is it any good?

SCF Rewards
    Country

when is it?

I'm a huge Flyers fan, I wish I lived in Philly so I could go! I am assuming you plan to go?

BANNED

Country

I will be there. It is Sunday February 19th. They sell tickets for some players for $25 each which gets you 2 autographs each player. I have tickets for JVR, Briere, Bryzgalov, and Pronger. I missed out on a Jagr ticket. Other players are available at the Carnival for cheaper, as well as an Alumni table. This will be my first year attending.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will be there. It is Sunday February 19th. They sell tickets for some players for $25 each which gets you 2 autographs each player. I have tickets for JVR, Briere, Bryzgalov, and Pronger. I missed out on a Jagr ticket. Other players are available at the Carnival for cheaper, as well as an Alumni table. This will be my first year attending.

Sounds very cool. The ticket prices also seem reasonable, a lot of those guys are hard to get TTM.

Who is at the alumni table? Just wondering a few names.

Have fun, and be sure to let the thread know how you do!

BANNED

Country

They haven't announced yet the names at The Alumni table yet......I believe in the past it has had Propp, Parent, Clarke, Primeau, Schultz.........just to name a few. I am hoping Leclair and Lindros will be there this year as well. It's very reasonable. There is also an admission fee. I think JVR tickets are the only ones still available.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (46)
    Country
    See Brudsie9's Items on eBay

Ive done the flyers carnival pretty much every year since 1987 and it is an awesome place to get autos if you dont mind the small donation to the flyers charities. Like Ryan already said its February 19th this year. Early admission tickets are $35 per person and you get in at 12. General admission is $20 per adult and $15 per kid and you get in at 1:30. Carnivsl is over at 5 for everyone. Prepaid autos are $25 per player and each ticket in years pass will get you 2 autos of that player. The prepaid autos this year are Pronger, Bryzgalov, JVR, Giroux, Briere. Everyone but JVR is sold out. You have to make sure if you have a prepaid that is done signing before 130 that you have an early admission ticket. Right before the doors open up you will get a map of the times and locations of every player. Some of the non prepaid players will be in pairs. They are $15 per area so if its 1 guy its 2 autos for $15 if its 2 guys you get 1 auto of each for the $15. The players are not signing all day some for only an hour so have a plan. Some players sign from 12 to 1 only so if you dont have early admission you wont get them unless you wait around at the game they may be at or if you get lucky and pass them as they are walking around. Some of the players will sign while the walk around and at the games and its free but them signing is not guaranteed. The alumni table is set up all day long and the alumni will be there pretty much all day signing with the exception of an interview or something. Its $20 for the alumni and that gets you 2 autos of every alumni member that is sitting there when you go threw. This line gets very very long so if your getting them Id suggest going there first. There will be an alumni list a few days before the carnival but dont trust it its usually not right. Alumni that will most likely be there as they have been at just about every other carnival the last 5 years or so are Clarke, Bernie, Bill Barber, Propp, Schultz, Kelly, Dornhoefer, Joe Watson, Goodenough, Saleski, Dailey, Hospodar and Macleish. The past few years there have been other guys there as well and they included Leach, Zeidel, Huffman, Petit, Bialowas, Faust, Freer and Pelletier but Ive only seen them 1 or 2 times each. Ther are usually 1 or 2 surprise alumni guys every carnival. My guess for this year is Andre Dupont. I wouldnt bet on Leclair, Lindros or Primeau being there. In fact I asked Lindros at the CHOP signing and he said he didnt think he would be. Chris Therien, Keith Jones, and Steve Coates are at the carnival also doing interviews and stuff just keep your eyes open for them and they will sign. Other than that for signing they give you a carnival magazine with the player photos inside to get signed or you can bring your own stuff. Just remember it will be crowded so larger items like sticks are a pain to carry around. They also have a ton of carnival type games to play that you can win some prizes as well as having a dunk tank that a player will be in and shots on goal where you get to shoot at a goalie that I think cost $20. In the middle of the arena floor they sell grab bags that are $20 for kids and $25 for adults that I highly recomend buying at least one. Its a pretty decent bag or bookbag and have some pretty cool stuff inside. Some every have autographs in them, hint hint the kids bags have more than the adult bags. Make sure to get one of them pretty early as they usually will sell out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

double post
    Last edited by druce26; 01-17-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

I second everything jtbruds said. Here's our success thread from last year:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1336753
    Last edited by druce26; 01-17-2012 at 03:00 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

this will be my first year back since early 90's. i've got 2 for brierre and 2 for pronger (hope he's there, sounds like he's in pretty bad shape). got the early admission so i'm gonna hit the alumni table first. i've got a few photos i want signed by specific players. wanna get a few sigs on the little poster they gave out at the alumni game. also gonna print out a bunch of generic logo stuff on photo paper for guys i don't really need, and a bunch of pucks as well.
    we should plan some kind of meet up if there's time, be nice to put some faces with the names on here. i live pretty close in south philly if anyone wants to pre/post game it there or chickie's maybe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast