Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

National Hockey Card Day Contest! Win Cards & Card Cash!

National Hockey Card Day Contest!

Upper Deck is once again unveiling its National Hockey Card Day promotion, expanding for the first time into the United States! The set has been hugely popular in Canada each year that it has run, and it is very welcome news for all hobbyists that they have incorporated the concept on an even larger scale.

To help celebrate National Hockey Card Day on February 11, 2012, (on both sides of the border!) Upper Deck and Sports Card Forum are teaming up to bring you, our valued members, a spectacular contest with some excellent prizes! All you have to do is participate in National Hockey Card Day at your local card shop and help promote Upper Deck’s initiative to your friends.

Here is what you do:

Digg the National Hockey Card Day Contest thread here (you can do this either Friday or Saturday - the sooner, the better!): http://digg.com/news/sports/sports_c...rd_day_contest

Do one of the following:

1. Go to your local card store on National Hockey Card Day (February 11th, 2012) and purchase any Upper Deck product. It can be packs, a box, a case, whatever you like - just show that you are supporting your LCS! Here is the complete list of local card shops in Canada and the US that are participating in the promotion: http://www.upperdeck.com/nhcd/nhcd.html

Staff has created a stickied thread in the Hockey Show & Tell Forum called “Show Off Your National Hockey Card Day Breaks and WIN” – post up your break results AND a photo of you at your LCS showing off your National Hockey Card Day pulls. You will have until Sunday, February 12th at 8pm EST to upload your photo and break results. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate - as an example, here is our very own RGM81 at his LCS from 2011 National Hockey Card Day:

2. No Purchase Necessary! Simply post a picture of yourself holding one of your favorite Upper Deck Hockey Cards!

*** Members may elect to do both, and recieve two entries to the contest. You will only be eligible to win one prize though. Should your name come up as a winner twice - we will just move down the list and go to the next member's name.

That’s it!

All members who participate in the thread will be entered to win one of the following prizes:

An autographed puck of a rookie that attended the UD Rookie Photoshoot this past autumn (player is a mystery surprise!)

8 members will each win 3 packs of 2011-12 Black Diamond

1 member will randomly receive the box topper pack of Upper Deck Ice

Staff will vote on the best UD rookie card pulled and the winner will receive the autographed puck.

All entrants will be entered into a randomizer on random.org and the top 8 names will each receive 3 packs of Black Diamond. The last name on the list will recieve the box topper pack of Ice!

And, we're not done!

All members who enter this contest WILL GET A PRIZE. If you enter the contest, but don't luck out as one of the winners, 25 card cash (cc) will be sent your way as a consolation.

All members must be in good standing to be eligible to win the Upper Deck National Hockey Card Day Contest, meaning:
    - No serious infractions during the past 30 days: a serious infraction is any infraction worth over 3 points – any serious infractions will result in disqualification from the contest.
    - No suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating.
    - No negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.
    - Due to the voting requirements for staff on best break, SCF Staff are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    - You may only post one of each entry type for this contest. Multiple same-type entries from any contest will result in disqualification.

As always, thank you to Upper Deck for graciously sponsoring SCF with these prizes and for running the National Hockey Card Day program.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 02-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Dugg and commented. Should be fun to see some of the breaks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Do we have to buy anything to be able to get free packs from the LCS? I know for my contest entry I'll probably just take a photo of myself with one of my favorite cards.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes you would.

The LCS' are giving away the packs, but purchase is necssary.

I think you're following along just fine though..... for this contest, no purchase is necessary

Do we have to buy anything to be able to get free packs from the LCS? I know for my contest entry I'll probably just take a photo of myself with one of my favorite cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes you would.

The LCS' are giving away the packs, but purchase is necssary.

I think you're following along just fine though..... for this contest, no purchase is necessary

Yeah I'll have to see what I can get. Not in a buying state now, but maybe to get free cards. What's the cheapest UD hockey pack I could buy lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dugg as pur3strpker0!
    Just a quick question. My area is having a Big Hockey Day in Canada event and some of the vendors there have UD products. If they have the NHCD Packs would I be allowed to purchase from the vendors there? (I do know some vendors who have shops but are participating in the event)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutley!

The goal here is to promote National Hockey Card Day. If vendors have the packs to give away, then they're part of the promotion.

Dugg as pur3strpker0!
    Just a quick question. My area is having a Big Hockey Day in Canada event and some of the vendors there have UD products. If they have the NHCD Packs would I be allowed to purchase from the vendors there? (I do know some vendors who have shops but are participating in the event)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

dugg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

My LCS isn't doing it this year, and my 4 yr old is so disappointed he doesn't get to open any of the packs this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My LCS isn't doing it this year, and my 4 yr old is so disappointed he doesn't get to open any of the packs this year.

That's too bad. How does it work anyways. You get packs with purchase or you technically don't have to make a purchase. This is all new to me. How many can you typically get. I'd so be like hey I bet I'm the only guy who collects hockey around here, how bout some more lol. Are there any chance of good cards or is it just base stuff?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast