Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See orangecar02's Items on eBay

The two West region Sweet 16 games were tonight. I didn't plan on doing much graphing (too many people), but I brought some stuff incase some situations arose. One of the greatest situations I have ever had arose.

Michigan St./Louisville was game 1. I got there when the gates opened at 3:15 (PT). I was talking to the usher in my section (the staff at US Airways Center is so cool and nice) when he goes "Hey there's Magic Johnson". I was like No way! So I asked him if it would be ok if I went over to Magic's section to get a picture with him. He said "Yeah, but go around the concourse". So I got over there asked the other usher oif I could get a pic, he said sure. There was small group of people I had to wait behind, but I got up there and shook Magic's hand said hi and took the pic. He was so nice, he talked to me a bit, and was like "How's it going young man?" put his arm around me, took the pic and then I thanked him.

As I was heading back to my section I remembered that I had an unsigned 8X10 custom of the MSU logo. I went back got that, the usher let me back down after it cleared out a bit and after ashort wait I got him to sign my custom! It was so cool!

This is undoubtly the greatest success I have ever had. I will post all the pics of the autographs I get here after I get home on the 26th or 27th. I usually upload them mobile, but my phone has been acting up here.

Recap:
    Magic Johnson 1/1 Custom 8X10 MSU logo and a pic with!

Wow...so awesome!!

BANNED

Country

Thanks!

BANNED

Country

Pics from Phoenix!:

Reggie Miller: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...63642959_n.jpg should of done silver, probably, still a cool success.

Tom Izzo: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...85771264_n.jpg

Peyton Siva: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...09236455_n.jpg Favorite NCAA player.

Daymond Green: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...94086627_n.jpg Signed both pics. I'm not high on this kid, but he will be a lottery pick.

Magic Johnson:
    http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...59395447_n.jpg my greatest success ever.

Billy Donovan: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...20autos/11.jpg Bad pic, looks better IP. Glad I got him since I'm a Gators fan and he sends pre prints.

Jae Crowder: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...34875970_n.jpg still think he could/should go #1.

I was bummed I didn't get Pitino since he was the final 4 coach out of the region and I have had terrible luck trying to get him via email. 3 times was told I'd get one "soon" never came, and his new secretary never answered me.
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 03-27-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo.

BANNED

Country

Catching up on a couple of pics. Here are the ones from my friend's brother who plays lacrosse:

BHS uniform- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail9.jpg

Jaxx uni- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...tos/mail10.jpg

Finally another Swarm game Friday, idk yet if I'll graph it or not. I want to.

BANNED

Country

Had a Swarm game tonight. Tried to get a Washington player (Eric Martin) who I recently got in an MLL (Summer pro box lacrosse) set. He ignored me.

After the game I stayed after, the players must have been popping champagne after winning and making the playoffs (although 8 of the 9 teams in the league make it), but after waiting about an hour Players finally came up.

While I was in line Defensemen Joe Cinosky and Andrew Watt were watching a high school game in the stands and signed, but I didn't get them cause I didn't wanna lose my place in line and I forgot, afterwards. I had 2 cards for Cinosky, too so I was bummed.

Anyways they only had 3 players sign in the autograph line, so I got them. afterwards I went into the bar to see if I could catch the post game show guests. The show had ended, but I was able to catch rookie forward Corbyn Tao and Transition Tyler Hass before they snuck out, then star player and MVP canidate Ryan Benesch was standing outside the bar and no one even was by him so I had him sign my ticket (scored his 100th career goal tonight) and a team logo 8X10. My brother also got his ticket signed by Benesch, then gave it to me.

Review:
    Got- Transition Tyler Hass 1/1 team logo 8X10
    Rookie forward Josh Gillam 1/1 team logo 8X10
    Star forward Ryan Benesch 3/2 2 game tickets (only one was mine) and team logo 8X10
    Rookie forward Corbyn Tao 1/1 Custom 8X10
    Rookie goalie and ROY canidate Evan Kirk 1/1 jersey
    Transition Mitch Belisle 1/1 Jersey
    Missed- Eric Martin 0/1 MLL card (ignored)
    Defenseman Joe Cinosky 0/2 MLL card and MN Swarm promo card (signed in stands, didnt want to get out of line, forgot to go back)
    Transition Andrew Watt 0/1 Jersey (same as Cinosky)

BANNED

Country

Pics of some of the autos I got last night:

Team logo 8X10- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail8.jpg (Josh Gillam (#81), Ryan Benesch (21) and Tyler Hass (7) are the new ones. It's starting to fill up. Looking good, imo.

Rookie Forward Corbyn Tao- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail7.jpg He's had a good year for a rookie. He is 4th in the team in scoring. He was real cool, talked to me for about 10 minutes about the custom, my heart defect and lacrosse in general. I was so happy to finally get him, cause I was high on him when we drafted him and he hasn't been at any of the post game events yet.

Ryan Benesch "100th goal" game tix- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...tos/mail11.jpg Once again, Mr. Popular was great about signing for about a dozen fans, when he was just chilling outside the bar. One ticket was my borther's which he gave to me after he got it signed.

My next event will hopefully be the University of Minnesota Gophers football spring game, on Saturday the 21st. That is in the AM and there is another Swarm game that night. If I'm lucky something will pop up during the week.

BANNED

Country

No success to report right now, but thought some of you might find this intersting. I've made a slight change in plans for this upcoming weekend. Still going to the Swarm game and Gophers spring game, but now on Friday and possibly Sunday, I have a HUGE graphing chance.

I read in the St.Paul paper this morning that the Nike EYBL is having a huge HS basketball tournament in the town right next to my hometown! The tourney will feature all the top AAU teams from each state and 43 of the ESPNU top 50 recruits in the nation will be there, including #1 overall player Jamari Parker and local star Tyus Jones.

In addition over 200 college basketball coaches, including Tubby Smith, John Calipari, Rick Pitino, coach K and Bill Self are expected to be there, scouting. I emailed the host site and they got back to me within 20 minutes and tix are $25 for ever game all three days or $10 each day. Can't go Saturday, but defintely Friday and maybe Sunday. I am so pumped cause I see this as a good chance to salvage my Final Four coaches collection. I need Calipari X2, Bill Self, Pitino, Brad Stevens and Thad Matta.

BANNED

Country

Went to Day (or night) 1 of the Nike EYBL session 1 in Minnesota. Things went ok, but none of the top coaches were there today, so I'm going back tomorrow (instead of the Gophers spring game and the Swarm game).

Anyways gates opened at 6, games started at 6:30. I went straight to court 1, where #1 player (in the nation) Jabari Parker was playing landed a front row seat and was looking at which coaches I could recognize. It was mostly assistants and mid majors, but I did spot Butler coach Brad Stevens! Major win, cause I needed him for my final four coaches collection. He was standing there talking to Josh Pastner (Memphis' coach). I didn't have anything for him, so I waited till they were done chatting and walked over to Stevens. He signed my custom 8X10. His signature is real cool and it turned out great.

After watching undoubtly the greatest HS basketball game I've ever seen (Mac Irvin IL Vs. Bluff City TN) I went to try to see if I could get Jabari Parker to sign. I wasn't sure if he would, cause he had a bad game. I caught him in the main hallway as he walked out of the gym. I asked him, he grabbed the sharpie and signed, but didn't say anything. It turned out ok, could def be better. Gonna try again tomorrow.

After that I went over to try to watch the Howard Pulley (MN's elite team) game, but it had already sarted and there was no where to stand or sit. So I watched the All Iowa Attack play the Louisana Elite. Saw that the Howard Pulley game ended, so I waited to see if I could get MN's best player, Tyus Jones, but since they were the hosts, they had a locker room and didn't come off the court, through the hallway/lobby. Watched the end of the Iowa game, went to look around and saw Howard Pulley coming out of a door. I opened my bag, got out my photo and then Tyus came out. Went right into an interview, so I stood off to the side and watched. When he was done, he signed and I asked him if he would sign another copy tomorrow, cause this one was low quailty, cause it had been taken on my old printer. He said for sure, no problem.

I also spotted, but didn't need/want Roy Williams (UNC), Fran Dunphry (Iowa), Bruce Weber (K State) and Mike Bray (Notre Dame). I have a good feeling tomorrow is going to be crazy fun/successful. Tonight was just a warm up.

Recap:
    Got-
    Brad Stevens 1/1 Custom 8X10 (He was nice)
    ESPNU #1 national player, Jabari Parker 1/1 Custom 8X10 (quiet)
    ESPNU #3 national player, MN #1 player, Tyus Jones 1/1 Custom 8X10 (very friendly and talkative)
    missed-
    John Calipari 0/2 book and 8X10 (Not in attendance today, expected tomorrow)
    Rick Pitino 0/1 2012 Elite 8 Game ticket (same as cal)
    Thad Matta 0/1 custom 8X10 (same)
    Coach K 0/1 logo 8X10 (same; want to compare to email ones)
    Bill Self 0/1 custom 8X10 (Even if he was there he is the most unrecognizable coach in the nation. Lol)

BANNED

Country

Went back for day 2 of the Nike EYBL. What a major buzz kill it was. Today a lot of big time coaches were there, but today there was security guards making sure no one didn't go to the coaches area. Couldn't even get close to them. I did happen to get a good shot at Coach K at one point, but he saw me coming with the sharpie and shook his head no and put his hands up, as to say don't bother me. It was at the end oif the game, too and I was the only person standing there, so I was kind of pissed.

Yeah he is supposed to be there "evaluating" or w/e, but when you're a division 1 coach you should expect to have fans all over and be fan friendly. A lot of the coaches I saw looked chill, but I didn't need any of them. Coach K looked like he was in a bad mood the whole time. Like I said a guy at a program like Duke, should expect fans to try to talk to him, I was still 3 feet away. Even though I was pissed, I respected his wishes and walked away. It's whatever, though. I hope he loses to another 15 seed.

I got Jabari Parker again after his 1st game of the day, turned out way better than yesterdays. Also got Tyus again after his 1st game. Unfortunately I forgot my silver sharpie at home (took it out of my bag last night while going through it) So it just turned out decent. Besides that all the coaches I saw/recognized, I didn't want/need. Still no Calipari, Pitino, Self or Thad Matta. They even had a back lunch table so the big time coaches didn't have to go to the concession stand and risk having to converse with fans or something horrible like that.

The mid major coaches went to the concession stand and I talked to the Bucknell coach for a while while in line. He was really cool and friendly. He told me that their best player is actually from Minnesota, so I thought that was cool. Unfortunately I didn't have anything for him to sign.

So at 4:30 I was getting frusterated and it was looking like I had no hedgeway to getting anything, so I left and went to the Swarm game. Watched the game and after it got a bunch of players on custom 8X10's, team logo 8X10, an "autograph card" and my jersey, at the post game show/autograph session.

ESPNU #1 national player, Jabari Parker 1/1 Custom 8X10 (quiet, but friendly)
    ESPNU #3 national player, MN #1 player, Tyus Jones 1/1 Custom 8X10 (very friendly and talkative, again)
    missed-
    John Calipari 0/2 book and 8X10 (Not in attendance today)
    Rick Pitino 0/1 2012 Elite 8 Game ticket (same as cal)
    Thad Matta 0/1 custom 8X10 (same)
    Coach K 0/1 logo 8X10 (Said no; wanted to compare to email ones)
    Bill Self 0/1 custom 8X10 (Not in attendance)
    Tubby Smith 0/1 8X10 (only saw him briefly, but couldn't get over by him)

Swarm game:
    Forward Callum Crawford 1/1 team logo 8X10 (quiet)
    Defenseman, Dan Ball 1/1 team logo 8X10 (quiet)
    Forward, Kevin Ross 1/1 Custom 8X10 (He said "This is a cool pic" when I gave it to him)
    Transition/ ROY canidate Jordan MacIntosh 1/1 Custom 8X10 (Everyone seems to love the college uni ones)
    Forward Josh Gilliam 1/1 Jersey (he was nice)
    Transition/All-Star/Captain Andrew Suitor 1/1 Jersey (He was nice, chatted for a bit)
    Nik Billic 1/1 "Autograph Card" (Already got him 3 times, so I had nothing for him, took an autograph card before getting in line. Joked around about how him and Jay Card basically live at the autograph signing, since they have done it 4 of the 7 games, so far)
    Forward, Jay Card 1/1 "autograph card" (He was nice, thanked me for coming out and signed his signature, hugely. Joked around a bit)

Last game of the year is next Saturday, with tha team autograph session!! May go to the Wolves game tomorrow. I'll post pics tomorrow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sucks about those coaches and security. I have a way with security guards that usually works for me, but may in fact get me arrested someday haha.

If you have any of that guy for trade (the #1 prospect dude) I might be interested.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast