Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Samuel L. Jackson: I voted for Obama because he was black

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/...ce-114201.html
    Actor Samuel L. Jackson put politics aside when casting his vote for Barack Obama in 2008 and made his decision based on race.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” the actor recently told Ebony magazine via Page Six. “That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean [bleep] to me."

Jackson, who skipped the Oscars to campaign for Obama four years ago, expressed his disappointment in the president, complaining that “in the end, he’s a politician."

"I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do," Jackson said. "I know politicians say [bleep]; they lie. ’Cuz they want to get elected.”

Jackson added, “When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a [bleep]. Because, what’s a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain’t scary at all. [Bleeps] don’t have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?’ I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, ’cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.”

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

what an idiot, so no white people voted for obama?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

crazy thing is, i don't care. but can you imagine the outcry if a white actor said he voted for mccain because he was white?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is a non issue to me. Yes some black people voted for president obama because he is black just like some white people did not vote for him for the same reason. However the majority of americans regardless of race voted for him because they liked his message and vision that he has for our country.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

what an idiot, so no white people voted for obama?

he's not saying that. he saying that a lot of people tend to connect with a candidate that is also like them in some fashion. For him, Obama's skin color was something that he connected with and made him vote for him. I'm sure a lot of people cast votes based off of things like this. skin color, religion, if they are attractive, how their vote sounds, and so on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

crazy thing is, i don't care. but can you imagine the outcry if a white actor said he voted for mccain because he was white?

that would happen no matter what party a white candidate was part of.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

That would NOT end well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

I think the average count of black people that voted for Mr. O is higher than we all think. Even higher than Black people would like to admit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i have never connected to anyone, whether a politician or friend, because of a skin color, people of all colors can be dumb and those are the people i avoid and do not connect with!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

This is a non issue to me. Yes some black people voted for president obama because he is black just like some white people did not vote for him for the same reason. However the majority of americans regardless of race voted for him because they liked his message and vision that he has for our country.

yes and if a white person admitted to not voting for obama because he was black they would be crucified. So why is it ok for someone to say they voted for him because he was black.

also, just because you can assume racism in others, doesn't mean admitted racism is ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast