Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Talking New Writing Contest - $100 towards a box of cards on cards by the box to win!

Once more, we have decided to encourage our members to get writing by launching a writing contest. Up for grabs is $100 towards a box of cards on www.cardsbythebox.com.

Here are the topics you can chose from for this edition of the contest:

- NHL fans: How do you feel about the league as it stands? Does it have enough teams? Does it need more? Would you move some?

- NFL fans: The Saints and the Redskins bounty program, is there any truth to it? Do you think it's common for teams to have one of those? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...skins-bounties
    - Racing fans: Your thoughts on female drivers? What did you think of Danica Patrick's NASCAR debut?

- NBA fans: The season finally started and is now in full swing...So prediction time! Who will win it all this year? Will Miami's Big 3 prevail or will they again fall at the last hurdle?

- MLB fans: As you most probably know, the Kid passed away...How do you feel Gary Carter's memory should be honered? Did you ever collect him? What did you like most about the player or his career?

- NHL fans: The playoff picture is starting to take shape, now's the time to predict how things will go in the coming months! If your team is out of the playoff picture, feel free to predict what they'll do to fix their situation during the off season

- Hobby: Tell us about your favorite product this year, what is it and why? Did you complete the set? What's your favorite auto, GU or insert from it? Tell us all about it!

- And back by popular demand: create your own topic! None of the above topics tickle your fancy? Fine, write about anything sports or sports cards related!

Each article will receive 250 CC (as long as it is well written and spell checked)

The winning article will be chosen by the editor in chief, the following criteria will be observed when choosing a winner:
    the quality of the English
    the originality
    the visual support (pictures, graphics, etc…)
    the coherence of the author

RULES
    1. Simply write any articles about the ten topics mentioned above

2. Your article must have a minimum of 700 words

3. Grand prize winner will receive $100 toward a box on Cardsbythebox.com.

4. All qualified entries will receive 250 CC for their work (unless the article is poorly written and obviously not spell checked)

5. All submissions must be spell checked and posted as a new thread in the article submission forum: https://www.sportscardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446 . In the thread title include your article title and the words CONTEST ENTRY.
    Example: The Future of the Hobby – CONTEST ENTRY

6. The deadline to submit your article is on the 30th April 2012 at 5.00 PM EST.

7. Open to ALL members to include SCF Staff (except for the Editor-in-Chief and the site owner who can submit articles but not win the prize)

8. You can write as many articles as you wish!

ELIGIBILITY AND ARTICLE REQUIREMENTS

1. You must be a member in good standing to enter (No unexpired infractions worth 5 points or more)

2. The article must be your own original work - using something written by someone else will result in disqualification

3. The article you use must be brand new - you cannot use an article which you previously submitted for the articles site

4. Add pictures to your article - it helps getting your message across it’s not an obligation but it can help

FURTHER DETAILS
    1. Each article will be edited and posted on the SCF articles website. They will become SCF’s property.

2. The best articles received will be featured in the upcoming edition of Collector’s Corner, SCF online magazine.

3. The best article will be chosen by the Editor-in-Chief

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or drop me a PM! I look forward to reading your submissions and best of luck everyone!

Entries:

1. Bountygate - KD35Russ0
    2. Sports Card Collecting, the Day I Got Hooked - Mrjobe85
    3. Enough Already! Fighting Needs to Stay - *censored*
    4. The NFL Has a Problem with the Bounties - sweetg1
    5. The NBA Halfway - KD35Russ0
    6. My Life in Wrestling - MonticelloCards
    7. Sports Card Collecting...A Love-Hate Relationship - Mrjobe85
    8. My formative Years - DiebytheCubs
    9. The NHL as I See it - Roaddogg02316
    10. Why I Bleed Blue...A True Story - Mrjobe85
    11. Restoring the Lions' Pride - The Future of the Montreal Canadiens - RGM81
    12. The Social Media World and the Athletes - Helms83
    13. 2012 MLB Power Rankings - Phill11ASU
    14. Hope for the Hopeless - Metsmagic18
    15. From Sports Hero to War Hero - Steven_morgan
    16. How About Some Dodger Magic? - bigpapi4153
    17. On Bounties and the Integrity of Professional Sports - RGM81
    18. I Feel a Draft - *censored*
    19. When Will Respect Be Given - andrewhoya
    20. My Fondest Childhood Memory - White_rabbit
    21. Effect of NFL Player Movement on the Fan Base - Cardncasebreak
    22. The Long Road: Life in the Minors - Sappeltman17
    23. Unlikely Road to Perfection - Sportsfanatic10
    24. Of Luck, Life and Love - TJJenkins
    25. Tristar Obak - Mreuben
    26. Matt Kemp, Triple Crown Winner - jrlebert
    27. How to Open a Box - mreuben
    28. Gary Edmund Carter - jrlebert
    Last edited by Pheebs888; 05-06-2012 at 10:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I'll be heading to Norfolk next weekend, so I think I'll write a few during the 5 hour bus ride

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Ah let's see if I can get the motivation to write something regarding NHL teams. Tempting because I could use some new cards, but I don't know if my stuff would be the greatest writing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'll be heading to Norfolk next weekend, so I think I'll write a few during the 5 hour bus ride

I'll look forward to reading them!

Ah let's see if I can get the motivation to write something regarding NHL teams. Tempting because I could use some new cards, but I don't know if my stuff would be the greatest writing.

He who dares win...Doesn't cost anything to try :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

I'll look forward to reading them!

He who dares win...Doesn't cost anything to try :)

Yeah I'll get something in, just a matter of combining my good thoughts into something worth reading.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I'll get something in, just a matter of combining my good thoughts into something worth reading.

Excellent :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

I'll give this a shot. It'll be a nice little break in between billions of scholarship applications.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just wrote something for my blog on BountyGate so I submitted it here as well. Thank you!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And here is today's entry: Bountygate

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast