Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Autographs at nba games

What's the deal with security starting to act nasty towards autograph seekers at nba games? My experiences at phillips arena have been well doccumented and I also heard about some idiot security guard at another arena telling people what color sharpie to use (really) and other sorts of issues. Here's my deal. My wife gave me a couple of dollars to go see the hawks tonight. However I when I went last month they gave me a hard time about getting autos and I even spoke to a manager who acted like she was doing me a favor by letting me stay down there for autos but said that I can't come down there unless I buy one of the expensive tix. I really wanted to tell her what she could do with herself but I didn't. I am already paying AT&T too much for cable tv that includes all of the hawks games so the only reason why I would pay money to go to a nba game is for autographs. I am thinking about not going and getting a blaster from target but I also thinking about trying my luck at phillips because they are playing the wizards who got rid of half of their team by trade and the autograph police are not as bad when the hawks are playing a team that is not any good and nobody wants to see. What do ya'll think?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to hear that, I still wish I could go to games that aren't the Lakers/Clippers. Ticket prices keep going up and its so damn expensive to sit anywhere near getting autographs

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, in Cleveland they are usually pretty chill. The only thing they snap down upon is if somebody is clogging the staircase due to fire hazards. There was one case where a kid got yelled at, but he also tried to run away with a security guard's sharpie...that was kinda funny.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, in Cleveland they are usually pretty chill. The only thing they snap down upon is if somebody is clogging the staircase due to fire hazards. There was one case where a kid got yelled at, but he also tried to run away with a security guard's sharpie...that was kinda funny.

Wow one rotton apple runins it for the whole barrell. Here in atlanta the ushers don't even give you anything to write with let alone help you in any way. They just go around power trippin.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've graphed in Cleveland at every game. The security guards are pretty cool here. As long as you stay out of the staircase you're good, even though they are still lenient on that. Although there is some railing help together with just zip-ties on a small part next to the tunnel and I've seen that thing collapse twice, once for Nash and once for Joakim Noah. Both times they actually let people stay and get more autographs haha.

As far as the different colored sharpies, they don't want you using blue because it is easier to make copies of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Heusing123's Items on eBay

I luckily live near Charlotte so the bobcats security could truthfully care less considering they have the worst record in the league. Thankfully I'm not a bobcats fan so I got for the opposing teams mainly. I got tickets to the wizards game next month. I'm lookin forward to tryin and gettin a wall on an 8x10 and a shelvin Mack. But since John wall is on the wizards I would think it may be a little busier then usual cause that's who everyone wants. But as for security, here in Charlotte they kinda help you depending on who the security people are the time.

BANNED

Country

No problems with security in MN, at Wolves games, only problem has been minor over crowding, but it hasn't affected successes yet. check stub hub. NBA tix are way cheap on there, get LL and then the security has nothing to hassle you about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did get a chance to got to the Hawks vs Wiz game on Friday nite. On the side to graph the hawks I was able to go down and score graphs of Hawks coaches Nick Van Exel and Tyron Hill as well as players ZaZa, Joe Johnson, Janero and Kirk hindrich. Sadly 1 security guard on the hawks side wanted to let everyone know that he was there by trying to rush the players off when they wanted to stop and sign autos and he also had the gall to take some kids auto from him because he said that the players wern't allowed to sign blank pieces of paper. As far as the idiot security guard on the wizards side he didn't even allow anyone to try to go over for autos. I'm sure that he felt like a real big man blocking kids from getting autos of their favorite ball players. Im not even going to bother complaining to the hawks/phillips areana because they are completely useless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Reading this post and the ones following it make me insanely jealous. I live in NJ and my two options are the Nets and the Knicks. Last time I went to an NBA game (Nets) they wouldn't allow you down near the players unless you had a ticket for that section. I am used to be hered away from the players like sheep. Yankee Stadium does it. Citi Field does it, MetLife Stadium does it (I know, I did security for them for two Jets games and it was an awful job). With the money it costs to see a pro game in NEw York you would think they would be a little more lenient. But, nope. they crack down on you like the secret police or something.
    I remember in Scranton after a AAA Yankees game I was told by a sheriff I had to leave the area. I asked him why? My response was that he told me to. I asked him what law I was breaking. No answer. I asked to speak with him in private and explained to him that I got autographs after every game I attended, as did the few people who were doing the same. He told me he didn't care, that we had to go. I told him I would go once he showed me a sign or law that told me I was trespassing. I was threatened with arrest. Wonderful experience. When I saw his sergeant I complained to him and the sergeant, who knew I was a vet from previous dealings, stood up for us graph seekers. The others left. I was told to pretend to leave and then come back to satisfy the other officer. There are jerks everywhere.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Reading this post and the ones following it make me insanely jealous. I live in NJ and my two options are the Nets and the Knicks. Last time I went to an NBA game (Nets) they wouldn't allow you down near the players unless you had a ticket for that section. I am used to be hered away from the players like sheep. Yankee Stadium does it. Citi Field does it, MetLife Stadium does it (I know, I did security for them for two Jets games and it was an awful job). With the money it costs to see a pro game in NEw York you would think they would be a little more lenient. But, nope. they crack down on you like the secret police or something.
    I remember in Scranton after a AAA Yankees game I was told by a sheriff I had to leave the area. I asked him why? My response was that he told me to. I asked him what law I was breaking. No answer. I asked to speak with him in private and explained to him that I got autographs after every game I attended, as did the few people who were doing the same. He told me he didn't care, that we had to go. I told him I would go once he showed me a sign or law that told me I was trespassing. I was threatened with arrest. Wonderful experience. When I saw his sergeant I complained to him and the sergeant, who knew I was a vet from previous dealings, stood up for us graph seekers. The others left. I was told to pretend to leave and then come back to satisfy the other officer. There are jerks everywhere.

Wow. I'm not sure how close you are to Philly or how often you go down there but some people said that they had some luck at Sixers games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast