Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Top Obama Contributor Accused of Fraud

If I understand correctly, she is being accused of being one of those people who sends out emails claiming to be from a bank and wanting you to pay a fee to collect a big inheritance. Also looks like she owes several people for quite a large amount of unpaid rent.

This is hardly a condemnation of Obama, but it is a smudge on his campaign that he keeps getting big donations from people with questionable backgrounds.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...cused-of-fraud

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

definitely a smudge, but it's not like politicians have any way to tell who these donors really are. Until a scammer like this is caught no one knew about her illegal behavior.

For me it's just another reason to get rid of campaign donations altogether.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For me it is a reason to get rid of bundling. One person collecting large donations from multiple other people is a good way to create a problem. It makes it more difficult to track where the money is actually coming from.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

For me it is a reason to get rid of bundling. One person collecting large donations from multiple other people is a good way to create a problem. It makes it more difficult to track where the money is actually coming from.

Agree totally with this.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

A smudge, maybe. More likely fodder for FOX to run with for the next month. I do think the most telling sentence of this article is:
    Obama is the only presidential contender this year who released his list of "bundlers," the financiers who raise campaign money by soliciting high-dollar contributions from friends and associates.

So he released the list and something was found. I wonder what could be found on lists that haven't been released...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A smudge, maybe. More likely fodder for FOX to run with for the next month. I do think the most telling sentence of this article is:

So he released the list and something was found. I wonder what could be found on lists that haven't been released...

I agree. Bundling sets up the situation for this type of thing to happen. No politician will be immune.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

bad people are everywhere, my camp and yours

if you didn't know but tried to know, then i can't find fault with it

but if you didn't know because you didn't want to know, well then you're no worse