Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

13 shot, 2 dead in Chicago in six hours Thursday night

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,667576.story

At least two people were killed and 11 others wounded in violence across Chicago overnight, most of the victims from just two shootings on the West and South sides, according to police.

Suspects were being questioned in one of the shootings, the killing of a man near his home on the Far South Side, officials said.

The worst shooting occurred around 6 p.m. Thursday when two men in hooded sweatshirts opened fire inside a convenience store in the 1400 block of West 79th Street in the Gresham neighborhood, police said.

One man was killed and five others were wounded. The victims ranged in age from 16 to 24.

The gunmen fled in an SUV and police continued searching for them this morning.

About four hours later, four people were standing in a parking lot in the 4100 block of West Roosevelt Road when a black car drove up and gunfire rang out.

A 29-year-old man was shot in the arm, a second man the same age was shot in the leg, a 27-year-old man was shot in the leg and a 36-year-old man was shot in the thigh, police said. They were all taken by a friend to Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.

Other shootings:

-- A 31-year-old man was shot and killed across the street from his home on 113th Place between State Street and South Michigan Avenue, police said. David Gulley, 31, was pronounced dead at Roseland Community Hospital about 5:10 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

Calumet District officers saw the shooting and brought several people in for questioning, police said. Up to three guns were recovered, police said. The people were still being questioned as of 5 a.m. today, police said.

-- A 24-year-old man was shot in the buttocks in the 11800 block of South Ashland Avenue about 5 p.m. on the Far South Side, police said. He was walking down the street when two people approached on foot and opened fire, police said.

He was stable Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said. No one was in custody this morning.

-- About 10:15 p.m., a man in his 30s was shot in the leg in the 13100 block of South Ellis Avenue. He was taken to Metro South Medical Center in Blue Island, police said.

The man told police he heard shots and felt pain.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

Damn!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Damn those NRA loving Tea Party Members...they should get out of Chicago

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its almost impossible to wake up anymore and not think what the heck is wrong with people.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade's nephew one of five injured in fatal shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html
    A nephew of NBA superstar Dwyane Wade, believed to be a gang member, was injured in a fatal Chicago shooting on Thursday, police said.

Five people were hurt and one killed in what detectives have described as gang-war gunfire at a South Side convenience store at around 6pm.

Two men walked into the Bishop Golden Store and opened fire on those inside, with around 10 to 12 shots being heard by witnesses.

Among those injured was Wade’s 20-year-old nephew, known to police as being part of a gang. Four others were hit in the shooting, aged between 16 and 25.

Shawndell Harris, 22, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Detectives said they were inspecting surveillance footage from a camera positioned across the road from the store, adding that they were hunting suspects who fled in a silver SUV.

In a statement, Wade said: ‘I don’t have all of the details at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved, including my nephew and sister.

‘Having grown up in the inner-city, I am aware of the difficult realities that exist on the streets.

‘One of the goals of my foundation, the Wade’s World Foundation, is to continue to spread the message that the violence needs to stop.’

Wade said he played ‘with a heavy heart’ when the Heat visited Toronto on Friday, adding: ‘I played for him and with him in mind. I was 9 years old when he was born. I was an uncle at 9 years old.

‘A lot of thoughts go through your mind. ... My prayers go out to all the families involved, especially the one family who lost a child. My prayers go out to them.’

Thursday’s attack brought the number of people shot in Chicago to 13 in less than six hours.

Angry, frightened residents took to the streets to march in protest at the senseless violence in which too often innocent people get caught up.

From January 1 to March 29 of this year, there were 474 shootings, 101 of them fatal. During the same time period last year, there were 346 shootings, 55 fatal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Wow so sad. No one has places any value on human life. SMH.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

People are going crazy everywhere now a days. There is no safe place to be when you have call this craziness all around. I am from Puerto Rico and it is the same way over there. It is really sad that you can't enjoy the stuff that you used to because you can't go out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People are going crazy everywhere now a days. There is no safe place to be when you have call this craziness all around. I am from Puerto Rico and it is the same way over there. It is really sad that you can't enjoy the stuff that you used to because you can't go out.

Violent crime is actually down to the lowest recorded levels in the United States (past 60 years). It is just that some areas haven't changed since then and are still violent so the contrast makes them appear worse.

I would attribute the increase this year due to the fact that last year was very cold and this year you had a very warm stretch that probably spiked the numbers unfortunately.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

maybe the world will end in december, the rate it's going maybe sooner!!!

what's up with all the leg shootings? sounds more like a revenge or warning than attempted murder or random act of violence