Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Rule question....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Site Rule question....

I'm currently waiting for a moderator to respond to me about this, but I thought I would ask the SCF community...

I have just been informed I violated some rule about "multiple transactions with the same person on the same day".... this is really confusing me.

In my case I completed a deal with a person, posted it, paid for the item I purchased, and we thought we were done there. The seller then contacted me about another card they thought I would like (post paying and posting the first) and after a short time we agreed to the second deal, and of course posted it.

So what exactly did I do wrong here? Can someone help me? I am being told I may face a 10 point infraction for this if it "happens again in the future".. which is mind boggling to me.

Should I have not posted the second deal? Should we have cancelled the first deal (even though I already paid)?

I get that the mods don't want people posting multiple trades for one transaction.. but that's not what happened here at all. Why am I being threatened?

Sorry if I am venting a bit, but this is very frustrating and confusing... someone please explain this mess to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

it is to avoid people jacking up their feedback with multiple deals that will get shipped together anyway. while you as buyer did pay for two transactions, the deal would be shipped together and thus the other person shouldn't get 2 feedbacks for it.
    In the future, just pm a mod and ask them to edit your original deal to include the new information. I understand the frustration, hopefully this explains a little.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So anytime I agree to multiple deals with a person on the same day I have to contact a moderator before I can even complete the deal? That's ridiculous man...

Why can't a moderator flag a situation like this, PM the parties involved, and make a judgement based on that? Isn't that what moderators are for?!

Why should we as a community have to hold up our transactions.. or otherwise be threatened? A 10 point infraction is 3 times more than any rule violations I ever even heard of in the past.. it's extremely inflammatory and I think you can tell that in the tone of this response.

If we need permission to do multiple transactions with the same person on the same day.. why use this site at all?

it is to avoid people jacking up their feedback with multiple deals that will get shipped together anyway. while you as buyer did pay for two transactions, the deal would be shipped together and thus the other person shouldn't get 2 feedbacks for it.
    In the future, just pm a mod and ask them to edit your original deal to include the new information. I understand the frustration, hopefully this explains a little.

Last edited by Imac7065; 04-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

ensbergcollector is correct. Don't take it as a threat. Take it as a warning of what not to do.

And I get that what you did was honest, but posting multiple deals in the same day with the same person and all of those deals being sent in the same package but leaving feedback for multiple deals is the definition of what is prohibited by the rule.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I shouldn't be entitled to the protection of posting the deal provides if I buy from a person more than once a day? I should pretend I didn't buy the second item and just ignore posting it? Doesn't that violate the rule that states all deals on here have to be posted to the trade forum?

This isn't the first time I have been caught up in a gray area about rules, and it's really frustrating... you guys do not make rules clear, and for situations like this you are more or less shrugging your shoulders... that can't be right.

How can buyers be protected by the site if they can't post a second, third, 4th, etc transaction on the same day? Asking us to contact a moderator for an exception or modification of a trade just makes it worse... you are saying that we more or less need permission to do multiple transactions with the same person.

Why can't a moderator do his or her job and investigate what may or MAY NOT be a violation? In this case it's not, yet I am still being threatened. If the moderator that threatened me had simply PM'd me asking why there were multiple transactions on the same day.. it probably wouldn't have happened! Now I am sitting here highly irritated and venting in public about it.

ensbergcollector is correct. Don't take it as a threat. Take it as a warning of what not to do.

And I get that what you did was honest, but posting multiple deals in the same day with the same person and all of those deals being sent in the same package but leaving feedback for multiple deals is the definition of what is prohibited by the rule.

Last edited by Imac7065; 04-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So anytime I agree to multiple deals with a person on the same day I have to contact a moderator before I can even complete the deal? That's ridiculous man...

Nobody said you need permission to do a deal. Just PM a mod and ask them to edit your current deal or post the second deal and PM a mod and ask them to combine the deals into one.

Why can't a moderator flag a situation like this, PM the parties involved, and make a judgement based on that? Isn't that what moderators are for?!

Mods are here to help the site run smooth and enforce the rules, not to make judgement calls. If a rule say not to do something then we enforce that rule.

Why should we as a community have to hold up our transactions.. or otherwise be threatened? A 10 point infraction is 3 times more than any rule violations I ever even heard of in the past.. it's extremely inflammatory and I think you can tell that in the tone of this response.

As I said, nobody expects you to "hold up" your deals. It is such a high point infraction because it is classified as feedback fraud and is severaly looked down upon. The high infraction points are meant as a strong prohibitor of doing it.

And if you read the rules page you will find a list of infractions and the points that they are valued at. https://www.sportscardforum.com/view.php?pg=rules If you have never heard of a rule with that many pints then you probably have not read the rules.

If we need permission to do multiple transactions with the same person on the same day.. why use this site at all?

It is a site rule that you agreed to abide by when you joined. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you do not like abiding by the rules for trading on this site then you do not have to trade here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

On one hand you are saying we don't need permission to do multiple transactions with the same person, and on the other you are saying we need to contact a moderator to modify already posted trades?

On one hand you are saying we don't have to "hold up" any deals, and on the other the site requires all agreed trades to be posted...

am I the only one that gets confused here?!

And on the moderators "job" point... 100% agree.. their job is to keep the site running smoothly. So let me ask you.. which makes more sense.. sending threatening e-mails to multiple members, or contacting them to see if they are even doing what the moderator is accusing them of? The "smooth" response would be to contact them before acting.. would it not?

Nobody said you need permission to do a deal. Just PM a mod and ask them to edit your current deal or post the second deal and PM a mod and ask them to combine the deals into one.

Mods are here to help the site run smooth and enforce the rules, not to make judgement calls. If a rule say not to do something then we enforce that rule.

As I said, nobody expects you to "hold up" your deals. It is such a high point infraction because it is classified as feedback fraud and is severaly looked down upon. The high infraction points are meant as a strong prohibitor of doing it.

And if you read the rules page you will find a list of infractions and the points that they are valued at. https://www.sportscardforum.com/view.php?pg=rules If you have never heard of a rule with that many pints then you probably have not read the rules.

It is a site rule that you agreed to abide by when you joined. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you do not like abiding by the rules for trading on this site then you do not have to trade here.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So I shouldn't be entitled to the protection of posting the deal provides if I buy from a person more than once a day? I should pretend I didn't buy the second item and just ignore posting it? Doesn't that violate the rule that states all deals on here have to be posted to the trade forum?

This isn't the first time I have been caught up in a gray area about rules, and it's really frustrating... you guys do not make rules clear, and for situations like this you are more or less shrugging your shoulders... that can't be right.

How can buyers be protected by the site if they can't post a second, third, 4th, etc transaction on the same day? Asking us to contact a moderator for an exception or modification of a trade just makes it worse... you are saying that we more or less need permission to do multiple transactions with the same person.

Why can't a moderator do his or her job and investigate what may or MAY NOT be a violation? In this case it's not, yet I am still being threatened. If the moderator that threatened me had simply PM'd me asking why there were multiple transactions on the same day.. it probably wouldn't have happened! Now I am sitting here highly irritated and venting in public about it.

Nobody said you need mod permission to do multiple deals. That is your interpretation of what you have been told and it is wrong. If you want to post 200 deals in one day with the same person, go right ahead, just make sure that it is 200 seperate deals. If they are all sent in the same package and then you leave feedback for 200 seperate deals then it is feedback fraud.

The mod did not "do his job" and make a judgement call because "his job" is not to make a judgement call. His job is to enforce the rules. He did that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

On one hand you are saying we don't need permission to do multiple transactions with the same person, and on the other you are saying we need to contact a moderator to modify already posted trades?

On one hand you are saying we don't have to "hold up" any deals, and on the other the site requires all agreed trades to be posted...

am I the only one that gets confused here?!

Yes it appears that you are the only one that is confused because we rarely have problems with this rule.

And on the moderators "job" point... 100% agree.. their job is to keep the site running smoothly. So let me ask you.. which makes more sense.. sending threatening e-mails to multiple members, or contacting them to see if they are even doing what the moderator is accusing them of? The "smooth" response would be to contact them before acting.. would it not?

No, it would not. Sending you a PM asking if you intentionally broke a rule would be pointless. Unless you are one of the more stupid people in the world you are going to claim it was unintentional. Nobody with half a brain is going to admit to feedback fraud.

The rule is clear.

Create multiple deals. Send multiple packages. Leave multiple feedbacks. No problem.
    Create multiple deals. Send one package. Leave multiple feedbacks. Problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

*smacks forehead*.. you honestly expect someone to agree to deals at 9am, 12pm, 2pm, 5pm, and 8pm... post them as each deal is agreed, then get paid separately each time (which I actually did in my case) then send 5 separate packages?! REALLY?!

If you post your first deal.. then agree to more later in the day.. you honestly want to look me in the face and say the seller should be required to send the items in separate envelopes..... *shakes head*.. does no one have any common sense anymore??

Nobody said you need mod permission to do multiple deals. That is your interpretation of what you have been told and it is wrong. If you want to post 200 deals in one day with the same person, go right ahead, just make sure that it is 200 seperate deals. If they are all sent in the same package and then you leave feedback for 200 seperate deals then it is feedback fraud.

The mod did not "do his job" and make a judgement call because "his job" is not to make a judgement call. His job is to enforce the rules. He did that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast