Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country
    See mothepipes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I stay away from these people, usually they sale well above ebay.

When i buy on forums i preffer to pay fair market value.Your buying from a boardie so its usually problem free.Felt so bad for a guys box break recently that i think i paid him 10$-15$ more then the going ebay rate (around 50$) for is card.

If you want people to continue opening boxes in hopes they pull some cards you need you cant rape them everytime.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Here's my take on this all from every perspective I could imagine:

Selling by Beckett Value:
    If we sold by BV, there would be a lot less wax opened. Also, BV is all over the place as far as RPAs and stuff go. Some FWA Patches of scrubs are $100... I'd never pay $100 for someone I never heard of, and I'm sure none of you would either. Beckett Value is just too random for some cards.

Overall, this would result in a significant decrease in the buying, selling, and opening of hockey card products. Many people wouldn't have the money.

Selling by Ebay Value:
    Ebay is the place to go for supply and demand for sports cards. You can get lucky and people can OVERPAY for a card because they really want it, or people could "snipe" it for much less than what you wanted. Ebay has a good system because it's all a matter of supply and demand and who wants the card more.

Overall, sellers make their money and are happy (despite the fees), buyers are happy with their PC cards or steals, and the market has a nice, steady pace of buying and selling.

Selling below ebay:
    If I have a larger (or smaller) lot of cards, say worth on ebay $100 or more, I am willing to go about 75% of ebay. Here is why: I get rid of the cards in one shot without fees, knowing that odds are someone will resell them. The fees on ebay are 12% on auctions like I previously stated. So you add the 75% + 12% = 87%... the person buying them is only making around a 13% profit on the cards, and if you look at a $100 lot, that's only $13 more. It's really not a lot from a seller's point of view, plus you avoid ebay fees. It takes a fair amount of work to list those cards too depending on the size of a lot.

Buying at BV:
    Not a chance I would ever do this. I would be broke and give up on any sense of collecting.

Buying at Ebay pricing:
    This is my 2nd favourite method. You can get the PC card for the average price, and the seller is happy as well. There are some flaws to this, which are the fees.

Buying at Ebay prices AFTER fees:
    This is my favourite method of transaction, as a buyer and seller. Take the average price of the cards, and knock out the odd balls that are either way too high or too low, then take 9% off of that, and add shipping and handling prices. This is the best way to buy or sell cards, and in my opinion the one that leads to the most success.

Buying below Ebay prices:
    I will do this when I have the paypal for 2 simple reasons:
    1) to give someone who needs the $$$ to get a box or pc card the opportunity to do so
    2) to make a few bucks so I can expand my PC.

On larger lots, 70-75% of ebay really isn't that bad. That's a 13-18% profit. Not bad at all from both sides. Yes you could take the time to sell that, but if you see a PC card you want and need the funds, you can get them right then and there.

Some things to point out too:
    -When people ask for larger lots of big name players for cheaper, it's because they want to have insurance that they'll make their money back.
    -If you aren't happy with the price, don't sell it
    -Some cards will have nicer patches, and with that, a higher sale value

Also a couple other views:
    For me as a buyer, I want the best deal possible on a card, if I don't like the price, I won't purchase it.
    As a seller, I want to make the most out of a card. If I don't like the asking price, I won't sell it.

Should sum everything up lol

I don't understand. You have 22 eBay Transactions, how are you selling at 75% BV on eBay and who is buying? Who would pay that much? Or are you selling at a 75% discount away from eBay?

I list close to 400 cards twice per month or more on eBay, if I tried to sell anything at 75% of BV, I won't sell one card over an entire year.

I will if I sell it at a 75% discount which I often do.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

While annoying, the seller tends to have all the power here; someone makes you an offer, it's up to the seller to determine whether they want to accept, refuse or counter-offer.

If someone PMs you offering what you deem a ridiculous amount, block his sorry backside or just ignore anything else from them.

To me, this is the flipside to "eBay sellers asking ridiculous amounts for cards". If there's a low-numbered card I want, and the seller has a B.I.N. asking 2-3 times what another copy went for in a straight auction, I will sometimes message them with a link asking how firm their price is, but it's up to me what I'll pay.

Most everyone I've dealt with on this board and others are pretty straight up; then again, I don't really sell much as I don't break more than a few boxes of product a year, so maybe I'm out to lunch! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

My favorite is that when people say below ebay, they mean below the lowest ebay price, not below the ebay average. If a card sold for 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100, they expect to pay lower than 20, not lower than the average of 60. Some of the offers I've gotten for cards are beyond laughable

Exactly, but yet when they are selling they want 100$. So much for the "hobby". I can understand selling a bit below the average, as u keep the 8% you would have lost on ebay, but cmon people stop cheapskating for lower than the lowest value, people lose respect for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

I don't understand. You have 22 eBay Transactions, how are you selling at 75% BV on eBay and who is buying? Who would pay that much? Or are you selling at a 75% discount away from eBay?

I list close to 400 cards twice per month or more on eBay, if I tried to sell anything at 75% of BV, I won't sell one card over an entire year.

I will if I sell it at a 75% discount which I often do.

I have to disagree, if you put stuff on ebay as Auction style, u wont get anywhere near 75%, if you put it at BIN OBO, u always get more for the cards and I have done very well using this system, have sold lots of cards at the 70-75% of BV range.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not 75% of BV you won't. Anybody that pays 75% of BV has lost their mind.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

Seriously... If you believe this, why collect? I've easily paid 75% or more of BV for at least several cards in my PC.

And when I sell, I sell only on BIN/BO and I list a lot of cards at full BV [sold an 07-08 Cup Enshrinements Gordie Howe at full BV just last month] and have even listed several above. I don't sell everything, every month, of course, but there are a lot of times that I get 75+% of BV (I've even sold well over BV). Again, of course, some don't make it to 50% of BV. But then, I guess we've been over how reliable BV really is... BV is a joke to go by for any discussion like this...

The point is - do buyers want deals? ABSO-F-IN-LUTELY!!!

As sellers, do you have to take EVERY offer? NO!

If you want to sell sportscards or hockey cards, insert the back-bone, stiffen the upper lip, & water-proof the feathers. If you can't do that, you need to question whether or not you're cut out for the 'business' side of the hobby. I'm sorry, but low-ball offers come with the territory. It stinks, but it's the truth. Happens anywhere somebody else is trying to make money off your hobby.

Its been said before in this thread... Buyers can only do what sellers let them. Don't like low-ball offers, don't accept them. Don't like people paying next to nothing for your cards, quit selling at those prices.

Sorry to make is seem like I'm singling you out, but c'mon. This stuff is negotiating 101...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Plenty of cards sell ABOVE BV...sometimes 2-3x

Junk don't sell...but 99% are junk...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

eBay is the norm. People offer to buy 'lower than eBay' all the time. They do not get the most serious offers. A lot of collectors, myself included, don't respond to or even look at threads where people are asking for such prices.

People here do sometimes sell cards for less than eBay prices, but the stipulation is always to fund another PC card or a whale. The stipulation is that they want them sold right away so they need the money right away.

I don't see a problem with this at all. Those who offer to purchase for less than eBay prices often get the cards that could very well sell less the next time it is listed on eBay. You just will not receive a great card for 'less than eBay prices'.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't need to be bumping two year old threads about eBay gripes when we have a perfectly good sticky thread to discuss eBay stuff, folks.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456