Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tri City @ CT

After doing the Braves Saturday headed to Norwich to do Tri-City they had a doubleheader and I arrived at the conclusion of the first game and knocked out nearly all my Tri City stuff. Brady Rodgers was pitching had a nice changeup but wasn’t really overly impressed but he was a really nice kid talked to him after the game for a few min about Team USA last year.

Tri City

Stubby Clapp 1/1
    Mark Bailey 1/1
    Jobduan Morales 3/3
    Juri Perez 1/1
    Chase Davidson 8/8 “Oh you must be rich you got the nice cards”..it’s usually the opposite in this hobby Chase

Brady Rodgers 6/6
    Tommy Shirley 18/18
    Andrew Aplin 7/7
    Vincent Velasquez 18/39, 9/9 (help), 12/12…got him coming off field said he’d get rest later but to avoid getting tied up with him and maybe missing someone had another collector knock some out but he was cool about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Vermont @ Lowell

Weekend madness ended with Vermont in Lowell as Lowell hosted “Champions Day “ with Keith Foulke and Dennis Sidenberg signing autographs on the concourse for price of admission to the game. Once again go to give Lowell credit for running a very good and smoothly run event. Both were pretty strict 1per (although I heard Sidenberg was signed multiples if you had cards) but Foulke was a strict 1 but would do inscriptions. They cut the line off about 30 people behind me and had security at back of line but was able to maneuver way back to the end of the line and get Foulke again. Deven Marrero played his first “pro” game went 2-4 and he was very nice postgame. Brian Johnson and Austin Maddox were there too said they would both sign tomorrow wish I knew they’d be there as I had a bunch of cards for them at home. Anyways all results were after the game minus the autograph guests.

Dennis Sidenberg 1/1 8x10
    Keith Foulke 1/1 mag w/”04 WSC & Last Out insc” 2/2 8x10s w/”04 WSC” insc.

Vermont (had cards of Tanner Peters and Tyler Vail but was told neither were with team)

Casey Myers 6/6..he looked like a trainer so I wasn’t sure when I stopped him but he laughed and said no its me just 50lbs heavier.

Lowell

Raynel Vellete 1/1 (charting)
    Tyler Wilson 1/1
    Kevin Brahney 1/1
    Jason Thompson 2/2
    Deven Marrero 4/4: 3 cards & SS ball w/2012 1st rd pick insc
    Williams Jerez 2/2
    Brayden Kapteyn 1/1
    Seth Schwindenhammer 8/8

SCF Rewards
    Country

do you know if marrero has a limit? hes coming to batavia in a couple weeks and i might make the drive to get him

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mean you should be able to get around 10 without a problem, if there is a large crowd though he may start limiting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mean you should be able to get around 10 without a problem, if there is a large crowd though he may start limiting.

ok thanks, do you know anything about brian johnsons signing habits?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last interaction I had with him was last summer in the Cape league and he was cool, he seemed very nice the other day when asked to sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Charlotte Knights @ Pawtucket

Went for the Knights as they were in town no real prospects to salivate over but had a good number of cards not the best signing team but not too bad either doesn’t help that you can’t really get in front of these guys at this miserable park. Anyways here are the totals:

Pawtucket
    Mark Prior 1/1 8x10
    Pedro Ciriaco 1/2
    Mike Rivera 1/2
    Andy LaRoche 1/1

Charlotte

Richard Dotson 10/10
    Joel Skinner 9/14, 5/5
    Dan Johnson 1/3
    Jhan Marinez 10/13
    Hector Gimenez 1/1
    Brian Omogrosso 2/2
    Greg Golson 4/4…nice change of pace
    Ozzie Martinez 4/4
    Josh Phelgy 3/3
    Anthony Carter 7/7
    Conor Jackson 1/2

Total:61

SCF Rewards
    Country

Staten Island Yankees @ Hudson Valley Renegades

Spent the weekend in CT with my friend at his place and being somewhat near Hudson Valley we planned to see them Saturday night. Jim Leyritz was scheduled to sign autographs during the game however upon arriving to the park we found out they were charging $15 for a photo op or signature (left that part out in the ads) and he had a handler with him the whole time even when he was done signing and walked the concourse. I knew he was throwing out the first pitch so I was able to position myself to get him as he’d walk off the field through the stands, his handler tried to halt me but I cut in front of Leyritz and he saw my magazine and grabbed my pen and did it. Got him with Newark last year so I didn’t need him that bad but it was nice to KO the mag.

Not graphing related but my buddy hooked us up with seats in Corona Cove and they must’ve heard I was going to be in town as they served $2.50 coronas all night in the Cove so it was a good time to relax and watch some ball on a nice night. Here are the totals:

Jim Leyritz 1/1 mag

SI (Daniel Carmena not with team)

Claudio Custodio 1/9, 2/9, 2/9…not going to get the stories behind this one but when it comes down to it he certainly enjoys to mess with collectors.
    Conor Mullee 1/1

Hudson Valley

Justin O’Connor 3/9, 2/7, 2/2 (help), 2/2 (help) ..nice kid just limits seems to be no dupes
    Kyle Snyder 8/8

Jared Sandberg 6/14, 8/8…apologized for not getting me erlier and brought me into clubhouse area so he could actually see the cards he was signing, very nice guy.

Jeff Ames 12/12
    Taylor Guerrei 24/24

Total: 74

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bowie Baysox @ New Britain Rockcats

Did Bowie for the Manny Machado show and he certainly is burnt out from signing. To make a long story short the only words he said all day were “Not signing today” when he got off the bus and ignored everyone and their mother/kids inside. Only time he signed was after the game and was able to dip him to get 2, long day, hope he makes so I don’t look back at this day and cry. So glad I got him w/Aberdeen without his bull™™™™, everyone he signed for with cards he’d slam the pen down on their book. Rest of the team wasn’t much better. NB team set was out and I was equipped with it, 10 players not with NB are in the set so that’ll be fun.

NB Rockcats

BJ Hermsen 2/2
    Stu Cliburn 2/2
    Evan Bigley 2/2
    Aaron Hicks 2/2
    James Beresford 3/3
    Debison Romero 3/3
    Blake Matin 1/1
    Jeff Smith 1/1
    Chris Colabello 1/1
    Estarlin De La Santos 1/1
    Chris Hermann 1/1
    Nate Hanson 1/1
    David Brombeg 1/1
    Daniel Turpen 1/1

Bowie

Denny Hocking 8/8
    Ryne Hughes 10/10
    Robbie Widlansky 2/2
    Zealous Wheeler 3/3
    Josh Barfield 1/3..saw the reports of how he has gotten better but he signed for 3 people all day and blew me off quite a bit.

Tim Bascom 4/4 (charting)
    Mike Wright 3/3
    Michael Belifiore 1/1
    Bobby Bundy 1/1
    Jonathan Schoop (announcer kept calling him Scoop and Scope) 3/5, 2/2

Allen De San Miguel 1/1…told us that we should be in Church when he got off the bus, but I should be praising him as he was the last guy I needed in my 2011 NB set and now its complete.

Manny Machado 1/1, 1/1 (dip’n)...he definitely seems burnt out from signing.

Total: 63

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevbo617's Items on eBay

I got Machado last week and he was the same way he signed my photo and threw the sharpie down on my binder. He was less than thrilled to be signing.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast