Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

KKK wants to adopt GA hgwy for road cleanup

Here's today's news of ther weird story:

http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/georgia/k...control/nPQjT/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

hmm. typically I'd say any organization should be able to do this, but I don't think it's a good idea to let them sponsor a highway clean up. Their views really give the state no choice but to turn them down.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

If you don't believe in freedom of speech for your enemy, then you don't believe in it at all. I say let them clean.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Their views are undesirable, but should that alone stop them? Do pro-abortion groups get blocked from it because their views don't apply to everyone? Do anti-gun groups get blocked? Do pro-gay groups get blocked?

It is a slippery slope.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Their views are undesirable, but should that alone stop them? Do pro-abortion groups get blocked from it because their views don't apply to everyone? Do anti-gun groups get blocked? Do pro-gay groups get blocked?

It is a slippery slope.

great points. I'm on the fence about this one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

do them plan on being dressed in their hoods? if so, i am on the fence, if not, give them some trash bags!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Is the KKK even a relevant group anymore in todays society?

While I don't believe in what the group stands for, if they want to adopt the highway and clean and care for it I have no problem with it. Its not like they have bad motives or intentions for cleaning it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

great question matt. I say no.

as for them actually cleaning up the highway, I thought the sponsors just pay a monthly payment to cover the cost of the state to clean it. I don't think it's like on Seinfeld when Kramer adopts a mile of highway and starts cleaning it and repainting the lanes on the road. Although seeing the KK in full hoods out on the road cleaning up trash is a pretty comical idea.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

great question matt. I say no.

as for them actually cleaning up the highway, I thought the sponsors just pay a monthly payment to cover the cost of the state to clean it. I don't think it's like on Seinfeld when Kramer adopts a mile of highway and starts cleaning it and repainting the lanes on the road. Although seeing the KK in full hoods out on the road cleaning up trash is a pretty comical idea.

Not sure how it works in GA but here in WV if you adopt a highway you actually go out and clean it up yourself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

same in ohio

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast