Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm leaving eBay as a seller after 12 years.

I got a message today on eBay when trying to post a guitar.

We show that you don't have a reimbursement payment method (credit card) on file with us. Sellers must have a reimbursement payment method on file to pay for claims under eBay's Buyer Protection Policy. We'll need you to provide this information today to continue listing your items on eBay.

eBay's Buyer Protection Policy generally covers buyers for most purchases on eBay. If eBay has refunded the buyer for claims covered under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy, we'll charge the amount due to eBay using the automatic method you select.

I'm reading about this and apparently this is not a new policy but they never made me place a credit card on file until today. And the idea of a buyer complaining and then getting a refund from me without even having to return the item doesn't fly with me. Not being able to leave negative feedback for a buyer is bad enough.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

Ebay is now one of the most frustrating experiences imaginable if you are a seller. Kudos to people who are frequent sellers, I couldn't deal with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Makes me wonder if it was always a good choice to stay away from it. I used to buy but not anymore since I don't feel like wasting $ on stuff if I can help it. Had plenty of stuff I wanted to sell but resorted to forums or Craigslist. Wonder if the hassle of ebay would have ever been worth it. With how people don't have anything great to say about it, probably was a good plan to avoid it all these years. Only getting worse it seems?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ukiah's Items on eBay

Don't sell anything other than maybe the 50 free listing per month. Not many doing auctions anymore. Search stuff (I do vintage) available vs auctions. Not selling at all either. RARELY sell much even at 99-cents for Nm/Mt vintage stuff. They are going somewhere or just stopping the collecting...the later is very likely.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

i agree ebay has changed for the worse. sellers not being able to leave neg is so bad. seems sellers have zero rights anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See holyporcupine's Items on eBay

I don't list anything anymore unless its the 50 free listings. I slowed way down when they started taking fees from your shipping amount as well as final value fee.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (44)
    Country

i just had a non paying bidder leave a neg that stated "dont have the money" and ebay refused to remove it because when the buyer NARUd i just filed the cancel the transaction to get my fees back rather then file a npb because i figured if wasnt registered it didnt matter. they told me by cancelling it i was accepting the negative feedback as the outcome.