Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

American Pickers (frank buys some baseball cards)

Anyone watch Pickers this week? Frank ended up buying some bulk baseball cards in the latest episode. They didn't show them much, but it looked to be a mixed group of stuff from the 80's and some random 50's and 60's. They were 5000 ct boxes... or at least that's the one he picked up. He offered the guy $100 a box for a few. I'd assume that he paid way to much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Aw man, I haven't seen it yet, I'll have to watch a rerun of it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wish they would have shown more, but I get that it's not as good of TV as when they have something really cool. wouldn't have been too entertaining watching him sit there and sort cards. lol I'm guessing he'll lose money on them... from my experience at buying bulk cards. Plus I doubt he has too many connections to sell cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I wish they would have shown more, but I get that it's not as good of TV as when they have something really cool. wouldn't have been too entertaining watching him sit there and sort cards. lol I'm guessing he'll lose money on them... from my experience at buying bulk cards. Plus I doubt he has too many connections to sell cards.

Have you watched Ball Boys on ABC at all yet? I haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to watching an episode or two.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you watched Ball Boys on ABC at all yet? I haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to watching an episode or two.

no. I haven't even heard of it. I'll have to look into it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Boston Bruins
    See PizdecInc's Items on eBay

i saw an episode of Auction Kings were a seller wanted to auction ALOT of baseball cards.. most from the 80's .. they got an expert to ah, here's the video, go check it :)

the expert valued it from 200 to 30 000.. i reckon the seller went through it all, picked out the great cards, and sold them seperatley

Last edited by Frantiic; 06-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember seeing that episode of auction kings. I was amused that he talked like there would be some huge find in that group. On pickers, they of course mentioned that the Wagner was the most valuable baseball card.

Typically if cards are packaged like this it's 1980s and 1990s junk.