Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Michael Medved: Not Even Spider-Man Can Rescue Hollywood

The weekend before family celebrations of Independence Day, the two top movies in America prospered through shock value and sleaze. "Ted" portrayed a walking, talking teddy bear who becomes best friends with a man-child...

More...

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about a little personal opinion with your quick copy and pasted articles so atleast I'd understand what your point is by posting a horribly written and pointless article. The guy is appalled that 2 R-rated movies are at the top of the box-office along with a remake....big deal. I have no idea what this guy thinks Hollywood needs saving from.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

is that an article or two twitter posts put together and published as an article?

Hollywood providing rare originality is nothing really new. I actually think that Ted is fairly original for the movies. Sure we've seen that type of thing before but it's good to see it in the crude R rated realm. I know it's similar to what McFarlane has given us in animated form on TV. I've heard that Ted was good but have yet to see it. Not everyone is disgusted by crude rated R movies.

As far as spider man goes. I really liked the original Toby McGuire spiderman. The second was okay and never say the third but heard it was awful. I was a little put off that they re-reved spiderman so early. However, hollywood does put out some really good movies amongst the crap. Most of the really great original stuff doesn't get the advertising push that the more typical "blockbusters".