Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

My brother came over last night and walked in the front door and said happy birthday (next week). Then he proceeded to hand me this ball and some other miscellaneous autographed stuff he had stored at my dad while he was in college. Needless to say I was happy because we had got balls signed by Bruce at the same time a few years ago but when I got laid off I had to sell all of my stuff and then start over when I got back to work. Also I was going to go to a Jay Bruce signing in a couple of weeks so this saved me $45.00. So glad to add him to my collection again!!!

Jay Bruce SS ROMLB w/ COA from local card shop

P.S.... Going to a few signings over this coming weekend so hope to have plenty of updates to this thread over the next couple of days...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to a very nice event tonight. It was a get together for the Dayton, OH chapter of the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame. For $10.00 they provided heavy appetizers and soft drinks and they brought in a guest speaker. It was a great couple of hours talking about the Reds HOF and listening to some great stories from the speaker. At the end the speaker would sign whatever you wanted and it was very informal where he was just sitting at a table and you could go up and get an autograph, picture with, or just stand there and talk to him. So I talked to him for a minute and got a signature, so here is the haul for the evening:

Ron Oester SS ROMLB (starting second baseman for the 1990 "Wire to Wire" World Champion Cincinnati Reds)

First of three autograph events Im going to this weekend!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had a success and a dissapointment today. So I started out this morning going to Cincinnati with my wife for a free Brandon Phillips signing at a Krogers store. The signing started at 11:30 and we got there about 9:45. my wife ran in and checked and there was only about 10 people in line so we decided to go "exploring" the area and finally came back at 10:30. So we got in line and found out we were numbers 209-210 in line. So the signing starts and were snaking our way through the line when with about 40-50 people left in front of us the store manager comes through the lines and tells us that Phillips is leaving because of another prior engagement and no one else will be getting auto's. Cant be too dissapointed because he did sign for the hour he was suppose to and there is a game tonight so, oh well.

Then we get home and check the mail and find that the day wasnt a total loss. In the mail I got back the below:

Hal McCoy SS ROMLB (HOF Cincinnati Reds beat writer for the Dayton Daily News)

SCF Rewards
    Country

10 days for a HOF'er, man this is nice!!!!!!

Wade Boggs SS ROMLB w/inscription "HOF 05"

SCF Rewards
    Country

10 days for a HOF'er, man this is nice!!!!!!

Wade Boggs SS ROMLB w/inscription "HOF 05"

Where did you send for Boggs and was there any donation involved?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where did you send for Boggs and was there any donation involved?

I sent to the address that is in the database here:

Wade Boggs
    6006 Windham Place
    Tampa Palms, FL 33647

I sent $5.00 along with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I had a pretty crappy day at work today so I was sooo happy to get home and see I had a few packages.

First, I was suppose to go to a Billy Hamilton signing a few weeks ago but couldnt because I came up short on funds that week. So last week I sold some auctions and the guy that ran the signing and also a series of card shows in Cincinnati put up some of the items he had Billy sign for the same cost of the item and the signing fee. So I picked up a ball from him.

Billy Hamilton SS ROMLB

Then a week and a half ago I sent out to baseballs to get signed through the mail. Got the first one back today and this has to be my favorite TTM yet. just an AWESOME return!!!!

Carl Erskine SS ROMLB w/ Multiple inscriptions (he also sent my note back saying no charge for the signing and asked if I could to donate to the Special Olympics to please do so and then signed the note also)

Last edited by FlyersFan; 07-01-2013 at 05:04 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Picked up this one off boardmember mreuben. Thanks Michael, knocked another one off my list of wants!!

Brandon Phillips SS ROMLB from boardmember mreuben

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not my success, but my 6 year old daughters first IP success. This is how you know your raising them right when they are autograph hunting at 6......LOL

My wife and youngest daughter went to Wal-Mart today to get some things for the house and when they went in the door there was a table off to the side and Miss Ohio 2013 Heather Wells was signing auto's and taking pics, so my little one asked my wife if they could go over and get an autograph. She got to talk to her for a little bit and explained that she does ballet and tap and Miss Wells said she to did ballet and tap and that was actually her talent in the pageant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last edited by FlyersFan; 09-04-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast