Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

In your opinion, what constitutes a "fair share"?

hey guys,

i hear a lot of people of both sides of the aisle talking about how the rich need to either "pay their fair share" or that the rich are already paying their fair share. Just curious, for people of both sides, what to you is a "fair share"?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thing is that the rich get away with so many loopholes and various means to HIDE their money in off shore accounts.....MITT ROMNEY!!!

They find so many ways in order NOT to pay.

Remember when Buffet said that his secretary was paying a bigger percentage than him?

Do you think that's fair???

It's so simple for me, TAX THE RICH!!!

The U.S has one of the LOWEST tax rates in the world:

Furthermore, U.S Citizens are sick and TIRED of this nonsense!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....TAX THE RICH!!!!

Hey republicans, you want to CUT SPENDING.....GO RIGHT AHEAD....but look at this pie chart and tell me what we should cut????

Bottom line.....CUT the military Budget, and tax the rich!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I think a "fair share" begins taxing somewhere above the poverty line and increases in percentage as your income increases. And that means ALL income, not just income earned from actually working. I would even be in favour of taxing some forms of investment income at an even higher rate.

Edit: Alex's last graph is indicitive of the real problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, buffet is behind on his taxes, so to me, his opinion means nothing, if he ain't paying his taxes, then he must be paying less that his secretary. cut the military? where are all these great people going to work? do you have jobs for them? I know everyone else who is unemployed is having issues now, so we should add thousands upon thousand to that number?

fair share would be everyone is working and all are paying taxes, less money to those who don't need it.
    second cut government spending, really a bridge to nowhere?

and just for the record, romney knows more about creating jobs and business than Obama and his whole gang (but that still doesn't mean I like him)

and if I was rich, i would be finding ways of getting around all the taxes myself. not only do my wife and I pay taxes from our paychecks, pay taxes on all we buy, but at the end of the year they want another 4-5k, I do not see that as my fair share, it is way over my fair share.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Both political parties are full of it. Until some type of fair tax system is implemented both parties will continue to point the finger at each other and we will continue to get no where fast.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Alex, as usual you have posted a lot of "facts" but failed to answer the question. Like a lot of people in this country you have taken the easy route of "tax the rich." So very pointed question, what, to you, defines rich and what percentage of the overall tax bill should they be paying?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Alex, nobody has a duty to pay any more tax than they owe. If legal means are used to reduce one's tax liability, there is nothing wrong with that.

As for your first graph, you cannot merely look at individual rates (which that graph does not show) and reach a conclusion that we have "one of the lowest tax rates in the world." You need to look at the entire tax system to draw a conclusion like that.

How do you measure a millionaire?

Where is entitlement spending in your final graph?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Flat tax on all, with no loopholes. It's the only way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I kind of like the flat tax, but a few of the ideas that go along with it I have a hard time thinking they would work.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Your right JustAlex, let's cut the military and invite everyone in for hugs because no one would ever, pinkie swear, do anything to harm us.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast