Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Video captures Michigan man's shooting by police

The video of this can be found here; http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/16/us/mic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Last edited by Zimbow; 08-17-2012 at 04:37 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country

This really makes my blood boil. I believe less lethal force could have been used here, no doubt. There is no way in hell any police chief can sit there and defend his officers saying that what they did was right. 6 officers firing between 30 & 46 shots, according to reports. Absolutely sickening and absurd. If the man had been rushing toward them, then sure I can see where there might be a place for lethal force, non lethal more than anything. The video clearly shows the man walking away from the officers. Sigh.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

My question to some of our more cop friendly members on here is what type of punishment should these cops get? Remember if the average joe on the streets did the same thing he would be locked under the jail. Cops are not above the law.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country

More than likely administrative leave with pay. Usually after an officer shoots and kills a person, he/she has to attend a psychiatrist or a shrink. Which in this case, imo... the punishment should be a lot worse than what they'll probably receive.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (8)
    Country
    Navy
    See cbuskstwar's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I remember, when I was working as a military police officer, we had to memorize / resight this definition of deadly force.

Deadly force is that force a person uses with the purpose of causing death or serious bodily harm, its force is justified as a last resort when all lesser means have failed or can no resonible be imployed.

Where was a tazor, or a dog?

Obviously a lesser means of force should have been used, from just looking at the video, without knowledge of anything else, these officers should be put away for a long long time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I remember, when I was working as a military police officer, we had to memorize / resight this definition of deadly force.

Deadly force is that force a person uses with the purpose of causing death or serious bodily harm, its force is justified as a last resort when all lesser means have failed or can no resonible be imployed.

Where was a tazor, or a dog?

Obviously a lesser means of force should have been used, from just looking at the video, without knowledge of anything else, these officers should be put away for a long long time.

Totally agree. Thanks for your service, by the way!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (8)
    Country
    Navy
    See cbuskstwar's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Proud to do it, would do it again, if a was about 20 years younger.

Totally agree. Thanks for your service, by the way!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely they should get suspended until furhter investigation. But if they are guilty, and it looks like it on the video, then they should get arrested and go to trial for abuse of power, manslaughter and any charges that involved guns.

SCF Rewards
    Country

UNREAL!

BTW, why would you shoot a person who has no gun and wasn't really posing a real threat 30 times???

Why not shoot him in the leg?

Where was those Tazers cops love using?

Why not use a dog?

Do you see why minorities HATE cops??

This is complete nonsense, and it happens FAR TOO OFTEN!

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Alex why do you always choose to be so loud and angry, it serves no purpose and shows your inability to add anything positive to a thread... Try and relax, maybe trade some cards this is a card trading site after all.

In all reality one of 2 things are going to happen

1. This shooting will be deemed justified by an "independent" panel and nothing happens

2. They will be fired for excessive use of force but they will not do time.

either way the family will sue and win but in the end a man will still be dead