Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Giant Bossa October Langley Show Rant

Good morning!!! Does anyone else have a problem with this, or is it much ado about nothing??

Ryan Kesler is doing an autograph thing at the Bossa Gigantic Extravaganza at the Langley Events Centre in October, but he's only signing your choice of three items, which you have to purchase at the show, how conveeeeenient. Part of "our fundraising program" it says. If you want something else signed, he'll do it "privately" and you get to pick that item up at the November show. Cards or photos or small items - $59. Larger items - $89

Now considering last year I bought a Kesler 11X14 at a LCS signing because it was part of their "fundraiser" and he'd only sign that or a jersey and I already have a jersey, I'm not eligible to meet him again in a few weeks. And the two items I DO want signed, a hockey card and my son's youth-sized jersey (signed by Linden, Schneider, Murzyn & Gelinas already)........that'll cost me ONE-HUNDRED-AND-48 DOLLARS????? For which I don't get the meet n' greet, no picture with my boy etc....................

Is this kosher??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

yup, a lot of it on the players' agent's fee and on the show fee... Go look at Sundin's signing fees at the expo and rejoice at least. It's $10 more an item...

SCF Rewards
    Country

yup, a lot of it on the players' agent's fee and on the show fee... Go look at Sundin's signing fees at the expo and rejoice at least. It's $10 more an item...

The money isn't the primary issue, even though it's a little insane-o for an active player. This is the first show in my lifetime that I can't bring what I want to get signed, line up with all the other shmoes and get an auto and a pic and a handshake for a fee. If I was Glenn Beck I'd be drawing ovals on a chalkboard right now about fascism and communism!!!

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

Fundraising? I wonder how long they sat around to find that word to replace "steak dinners for staff".

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guess this ties in with last years signing guests of Linden/McLean. They would only sign the one specific lithograph and that was already 200$!

And 89$??!!! I do remember getting an auto session for GORDIE HOWE at 80$! Well worth every penny!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guess this ties in with last years signing guests of Linden/McLean. They would only sign the one specific lithograph and that was already 200$!

And 89$??!!! I do remember getting an auto session for GORDIE HOWE at 80$! Well worth every penny!

I'd forgotten about the Linden / McLean thing!! It WAS a nice lithograph tho, and the odds off already having one were slim to none. I did not partake then, no more wall space :(

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yikes, that's really unfortunate. Reminds me of the big furor a few years back over an autograph signing with Sam Gagner and Andrew Cogliano: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/kelly...raph-fees.html

I don't have a problem with the player making a few bucks or with the event making a few bucks, but these prices seem a bit exorbitant and there's just way too many restrictions in place, I think.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content