Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1980's pickups

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

1980's pickups

Got these guys in a recent trade and I am super stoked. I've been wanting to add certain older RCs to my collection for a while but wasn't sure I had enough to trade for them and didn't really want to put the money toward them (I'm normally a football guy so....lol) but decided to pull the trigger on these four. Thought I'd share for those of you that can appreciate some good old players.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Cool beans man! Hardly ever see "vintage" cards on these boards........... 81/82, for my money, is one of the best looking sets ever, but the Topps logo flows better than the OPC..........

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, not so many vintage anymore which is a shame. I really like the look too of a lot of the older hockey sets. I don't buy any newer hockey cards anymore. My focus is more on the older folks pre 1990. Very cool stuff.

BANNED

Country

Sweet pickups. I'm leaning away from newer stuff and picking up some nice vintage cards myself, and those are four great old rookies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ummmmmmm if you guys are lookin for some 70's and 80's cards, I know a guy with 14,000 of 'em hahahhahahaaaa!!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120983675737?...84.m1555.l2649

BANNED

Country

Ed, if I had paypal, as well as a hope in heck of affording it, I'd be all over that!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ed, if I had paypal, as well as a hope in heck of affording it, I'd be all over that!

Vince, take my word for it, it's a 140 pound curse, an albatross hanging from your neck for eternity, or until you just give up and sort it out and put it in sleeves and toss it back into the sea. I'm almost grateful Amy won't let me buy any more lots :D

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice to see some old school rc's. Thanks for sharing and hope to see yoiu pick up some more.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ummmmmmm if you guys are lookin for some 70's and 80's cards, I know a guy with 14,000 of 'em hahahhahahaaaa!!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120983675737?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

That could be the single most beautiful thing I have ever seen......on cardboard......regarding hockey cards......lol.

I've put that on my watch list for now, cause I can see this getting extremely high. You have several of the rookies that I am looking to pick up someday in this one huge bundle. I can not even imagine what went into putting that little collection together, not to mention all the other stuff you're selling on Ebay haha. I have put probably 90% of my collection on the Inventory Manager on this site and I'm not even scaring 5000 cards lol. (Of course I gave over 20k to my nephew this year). You have a very cool collection. If these are the ones you are willing to sell, what do you keep for your PC?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That could be the single most beautiful thing I have ever seen......on cardboard......regarding hockey cards......lol.

I've put that on my watch list for now, cause I can see this getting extremely high. You have several of the rookies that I am looking to pick up someday in this one huge bundle. I can not even imagine what went into putting that little collection together, not to mention all the other stuff you're selling on Ebay haha. I have put probably 90% of my collection on the Inventory Manager on this site and I'm not even scaring 5000 cards lol. (Of course I gave over 20k to my nephew this year). You have a very cool collection. If these are the ones you are willing to sell, what do you keep for your PC?

That little collection was part of a GIANT $6000 lot I bought so I could get back in to the hobby. It arrived via Greyhound Courier on a skid. There was the OPC stuff, about half as much Topps stuff and the modern stuff. I spent the last 6 years sorting through it, throwing A LOT of it out (condition, Pro Set infection) building my own collection and then breaking it up to re-sell. The OPC lot is the last of it :)

My own PC? There's a 3-inch binder of OPC, a 3-inch binder of Topps, binders of Montreal Canadiens & Vancouver Canucks, a few pages of Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull, Maurice & Henri Richard, Frank Mahovlich, Phil Esposito, Mike Bossy, Bryan Trottier, Marcel Dionne, 2-inch binders of Brett Hull, Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Dominek Hasek, Martin Brodeur, Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, a binder with the newer kids, a binder full of Montreal Expos and the stuff on my walls and shelves.

AND...........a OPC Toronto Argonauts Joe Theismann RC :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast